Tina Turner Dies Aged 83

So sad to hear of her passing, she is such a beloved icon of music who attained legendary stays long ago. She definitely had a life well lived and is possibly the original queen of reinvention (not to mention, a truly empowering and inspirational survivor of domestic abuse).  Being known latterly as a major influence on Beyoncé simply doesn’t do her justice.

Some less upfront cuts, I have always liked most by her:

”Fool In Love”

”Shake A Tail Feather”

”It’s Gonna Work Out Fine”

“Proud Mary”

“Afterglow (12” Vocal Dance Remix)”

Plus her cover of “I Can’t Stand The Rain”

Also Beyoncé’s 2005 Tribute Performance of “Proud Mary”

.. Rest In Peace Tina, know that you are one of the original innovators and your place in music history is assured.

• Like 2

I honestly only properly got into her earlier this year so I'm sad to hear about this :( I wish I'd known about her earlier so I could have seen her live and enjoyed her albums as they came out. Sending lots of love to her family who I know she had a tricky relationship with and all her friends and fans.

I've watched this performance from her a heap and it's always fun to me! I love how she plays with the audience and teases them until bringing out the big guns for the end of the show. It just goes to show that you're never too old to put on a great show and be sexy as hell!

She will be missed <3 

10 hours ago, Leaving said:

I honestly only properly got into her earlier this year so I'm sad to hear about this :( I wish I'd known about her earlier so I could have seen her live and enjoyed her albums as they came out. Sending lots of love to her family who I know she had a tricky relationship with and all her friends and fans.

I've watched this performance from her a heap and it's always fun to me! I love how she plays with the audience and teases them until bringing out the big guns for the end of the show. It just goes to show that you're never too old to put on a great show and be sexy as hell!

She will be missed <3 

If you like that performance, I recommend this one: