Howdy doody y’all x

Poison ivy

Hi,

I’m Dax, I do not feel specifically nostalgic for any decade’s music over any other (though I have my favourite artists with music I want). I typically gravitate toward female artists over male. Unlike certain other gays I have encountered I don’t confront guitars with a crucifix & holy water and though I like Soul, I dislike corporate R&B.

Though totally stoic by nature & discreet, I was unfortunately born without any genuine sense of subtlety or tact, so please don’t feel offended by my sometimes clumsy mode of expression.  I believe in peace, free love, worshiping the D & exploring paganism.

Below is a (non inclusive) list of example artists I either love/ collect (or intend to expand upon collecting physically) & the eras they originated from:

60s

The Supremes, Nancy Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, The Crystals, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, The Ronettes, All female Motown artists.

70s

Blondie, Kate Bush, Donna Summer, Olivia Newton-John, Suzie Quattro, The Runaways, Grace Jones, Rachel Sweet, Gloria Gaynor, Kirsty MacColl, Abba, Sharon Redd, The Three Degrees

80s 

Kim Wilde, Tracy Ullman, Toyah, Bananarama, Debbie Harry, Madonna, Sandra, Hazell Dean, Eurythmics/ Annie Lennox, The Bangles/ Susanna Hoffs, Maria McKee, Valerie Dore, The GoGo’s/ Belinda Carlisle, Voice of the Beehive, T’Pau, Whitney Houston, The Divinyls, Lush, The Primitives, Kylie, Enya, Debbie Gibson, Sonia, Shakespear’s Sister, Throwing Muses, Betty Boo, Cathy Dennis, The Beloved, Roxette, Tori Amos, Texas, Taylor Dayne, Expose

90s

Saint Etienne, Dannii Minogue, Julianna Hatfield, Tasmin Archer, Sheryl Crow, Shampoo, Ace of Base, Lightning Seeds, Belly, Kristin Hersh, Garbage, Echobelly, Morcheeba, Dodgy, Dubstar, Crush, Sleeper, Elastica, Salad, Spice Girls, All Saints, The Corrs, Liz Phair, The Cardigans, Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks, Gina G, Robyn, Geri Halliwell, Steps, Britney, S Club, Scooch, B*witched, Theaudience, P!nk, Atomic Kitten, Shed 7

00’s

Michelle Branch, Moloko/ Roisin Murphy, Scissor Sisters, Holly Valance, Sugababes/ Siobhan Donaghy, Girls Aloud, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Rachel Stevens, Jo O’ Meara, Kim Marsh, Alphabeat, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Susanne Sundfør, Agnes Obel, Dum Dum Girls, The Saturdays, Eternal Summers, Jenny Lewis, Florence & The Machine, Paloma Faith

10’s

Lissie, Best Coast, Grimes, Sky Ferriera, Break Horses, Selena Gomez, Marissa Nadler, Weyes Blood, Jessica Pratt, Liz Lawrence, London Grammar, Aldous Harding, Widowspeak, Tennis, Lana Del Rey, Caroline Rose, Allie X, Honeyblood, Saint Saviour, Joseph, Ex Hex, Olivia Rodrigo, Jade Bird, Black Honey, Sunflower Bean, Kristin Kontrol, Purple Disco Machine, Soccer Mommy, Geowulf, Hazel English, King Princess, Molly Burch, Holiday Sidewinder, The Courettes

20’s (exploring only, pre purchase at this time)

Wet Leg, Riki, Bunny X, Winona Oak

————————————

[Artists I just don’t vibe with & therefore have no/ limited interest in]:

Tiffany, Pet Shop Boys, Pussycat Dolls, Avril Lavigne, Demi Lovato, Charli XCX, Banks, (Post ‘Halcyon’ era) Ellie Goulding, Mariah (in non dance remix form), Destiny’s Child, Beyoncé. Mostly anything male centric (exceptions being Dead or Alive, Erasure, The Dandy Warhols, Scissor Sisters, Beck, John Grant, Purple Disco Machine).

————————————

Though I have a large CD collection, I don’t necessarily have EVERYTHING by the above or instant access to my collection due to storage/ travel/ intermittent broadband access. However unlike some, I am looser than a fishes coochie & open to down-low swops for specific music I want.

x

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax
  • YAAASSS 1

I'm the same way with my artists! I like most genres and eras but I tend to gravitate almost exclusively to female artists  :cackle: I love a lot of the artists on your list but especially here for anything Motown, Abba, Kylie, Spice, Robyn, Britney, Girls Aloud, Sugababes and Lana <3 

I'm sure you'll fit in here so I hope you enjoy your time on PHF! <3 

• Shook 1

1 minute ago, Leaving said:

I'm the same way with my artists! I like most genres and eras but I tend to gravitate almost exclusively to female artists  :cackle: I love a lot of the artists on your list but especially here for anything Motown, Abba, Kylie, Spice, Robyn, Britney, Girls Aloud, Sugababes and Lana <3 

I'm sure you'll fit in here so I hope you enjoy your time on PHF! <3 

Thank You.