Lady Gaga Reveals Details in The Me You Can't See

Cypher

In her segment of the show, The Me You Can't See, Lady Gaga revealed she was raped and left pregnant when she was 19. This would've placed the year to be around 2005, which as long term fans know, was when she was working on the project, the SG Band. This would also be right before her work with Rob Fusari in 2006, who is arguably a key player in shaping her image seen on The Fame

So the question remains, who was the producer that Gaga refused to mention? Looking at the credits for her music during 2005, one name comes up multiple times. Joe Vulpis. The pair apparently first met in 2003 but worked more closely throughout 2005, even landing her a gig with Grandmaster Melle Mel. Gaga mentioned the man threatened to burn all her music, alluding to a point that the pair had created a collection of material, not just one or two songs. Do you think Mr. Vulpis could be the culprit of this heinous act?

• WTF 1

I watched the whole episode for her and it was definitely quite sad to see. She's talked about this for a while now but the pregnancy aspect must be super scarring. Suddenly the 'Marry the Night' video makes a lot more sense. :(

I always thought it was Rob personally, but your theory does make a lot more sense...With that said, she did take a photo with Joe in 2009, and in the documentary she made it pretty clear she wanted no contact with whoever the rapist was (at least now).

Joe_Vulpis.jpeg

As far as I know she's never even met with Rob since the release of The Fame, so maybe that means it was him after all? Or maybe it's someone entirely different we don't even know about. ?

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

As far as I know she's never even met with Rob since the release of The Fame, so maybe that means it was him after all? Or maybe it's someone entirely different we don't even know about. ?

You know, the first time she ever alluded to sexual assault, my mind immediately went to Rob, but a few things deterred that thought. If it truly was Rob, I would imagine Gaga wouldn't want him profiting off of her, so I would expect her to scrap all those songs and just release the material she did with Red, KNS, Fernando, etc. #2 Rob filed a lawsuit against Gaga I think just before or around the BTW era (if I remember correctly) claiming that he was underpaid for his work on the songs from The Fame. I would imagine this is a risky move considering she could counter-sue and bring a lot of negative attention to him, the same way Kesha did with Dr. Luke, albeit, a couple years before Kesha v. Dr. Luke. Lastly, Fusari was the one that posted songs like Glitter & Grease and Real Cool. He has publishing rights to those songs, so legally, he's not in any hot water; but I'm assuming he wouldn't be in any real position to try and light a fire if he was guilty of rape. It was already public news by the time he posted those songs that Gaga didn't want her old material being posted online, like the time she paid a huge amount on an auction to buy back her old demos tapes. Aside from claiming the 2 of them dated, I don't really see Fusari as a "suspect" tbh. I just see a man who created some killer songs and wanted to get compensated for his work.

As for the '09 photo, I could totally see that as a staged thing. Maybe Joe contacted her, saw her at an event, etc?

43 minutes ago, Cypher said:

You know, the first time she ever alluded to sexual assault, my mind immediately went to Rob, but a few things deterred that thought. If it truly was Rob, I would imagine Gaga wouldn't want him profiting off of her, so I would expect her to scrap all those songs and just release the material she did with Red, KNS, Fernando, etc. #2 Rob filed a lawsuit against Gaga I think just before or around the BTW era (if I remember correctly) claiming that he was underpaid for his work on the songs from The Fame. I would imagine this is a risky move considering she could counter-sue and bring a lot of negative attention to him, the same way Kesha did with Dr. Luke, albeit, a couple years before Kesha v. Dr. Luke. Lastly, Fusari was the one that posted songs like Glitter & Grease and Real Cool. He has publishing rights to those songs, so legally, he's not in any hot water; but I'm assuming he wouldn't be in any real position to try and light a fire if he was guilty of rape. It was already public news by the time he posted those songs that Gaga didn't want her old material being posted online, like the time she paid a huge amount on an auction to buy back her old demos tapes. Aside from claiming the 2 of them dated, I don't really see Fusari as a "suspect" tbh. I just see a man who created some killer songs and wanted to get compensated for his work.

As for the '09 photo, I could totally see that as a staged thing. Maybe Joe contacted her, saw her at an event, etc?

Those are all interesting points. I kinda got the idea she maybe hadn't processed everything by the time The Fame came around - or maybe Interscope pressured her to put those Rob songs on the album? Although I feel like she maybe wouldn't be performing them live still if it was Rob after all, and she even went out of her way to perform 'Glitter and Grease' live for 200 shows or something crazy, so that throws a wrench in that idea. :/

I'm not sure about the Rob lawsuit though. I feel like there was no precedent for her to be talking about sexual assault back then so I can't imagine her even knowing that she was allowed to bring that up, although I do get your point. As for him posting the songs, I didn't know about that! But maybe she just doesn't want the Rob songs out there? I feel like I remember her tweeting about No Floods (a Joe song) and maybe a couple of other older ones as well...

It's all very confusing and I don't know if we'll ever get an answer. Unless someone can track them both down and interrogate them until we get an answer. :/ 

• Like 1