Miley Cyrus Signs With Columbia Records: Exclusive

Miley-Cyrus-tom-ford-show-feb-2020-arriv

Miley Cyrus has signed a new record deal with Columbia Records, sources tell Billboard. She was previously signed to RCA Records for three albums. Both labels are owned by Sony Music.

A source close to the matter says the signing comes after Columbia chairman/CEO Ron Perry made several trips to Los Angeles over the past few months to personally court Cyrus, who released her well-received seventh studio album Plastic Hearts on RCA in November. The two have had a long relationship, the source says, as Perry has also been close with Cyrus' manager Adam Leber of Maverick Management, her mother, Tish Cyrus, and her attorney, Bill Sobel.

In fact, a scroll through Instagram reveals that Perry and Miley even covered Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" together at Leber's 40th birthday party in 2017.

x

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

That's so interesting, I wonder what kind of perks they'll offer that RCA wasn't able to. I hear RCA is pretty trash tbh.

Considering Cyrus' continued collaborations with Ron Perry, I have a feeling he has a personal interest in supporting her music career. Especially since RCA did not do shit, and even sabotaged Plastic Hearts.

45 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Considering Cyrus' continued collaborations with Ron Perry, I have a feeling he has a personal interest in supporting her music career. Especially since RCA did not do shit, and even sabotaged Plastic Hearts.

Hopefully she gets better treatment, rollouts, exposure, etc. I really like the direction she was moving in with Plastic Hearts, but the promo was an actual dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Plastic Hearts definitely could have been handled better, but I feel like at least some of the issue was her desire to do the whole She Is series, the breakup with Liam and the vocal surgery she had which all messed with the album rollout. Still I like her music so I hope this works for her!