Ally Brooke: "I'm a 27 Year Old Virgin"

I opened up in my book about [saving myself for marriage]. I was brave to share that. That’s something that I hold dear to my heart. And I hold still to this day,” Ally said in a new podcast interview. “I was really happy to be able to share that with my fans, and readers and to show them the choice that I made. And have them receive it however they want to receive it. Letting my true heart shine was the goal of this book.”

“I share that and they either respect it or not. Everyone has respected it, which is awesome,” Ally said. “A lot of people respect the things that sometimes you’re nervous to share. Which I’ve learned, just tell them in advance or speak up for yourself. Most of the time people will respect it.”

She added, “I have had those moments where people would make fun of me, or question me and be like ‘yeah right.’ I just have to hold that in my heart and know my truth and just let that be that. It’s awesome feeling that respect, I’ve never felt any pressure and that’s the great part about it.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

tbh, props. I can't think of anybody else in Hollywood who can say the same thing.

I mean... :awkwardney: Yeah, but I hate the fact that she's bragging about it as if it's a good thing. You do you but don't think you're above others for failing to comprehend the basic joys of human pleasure. :idkher: 

5 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I mean... :awkwardney: Yeah, but I hate the fact that she's bragging about it as if it's a good thing. You do you but don't think you're above others for failing to comprehend the basic joys of human pleasure. :idkher: 

I didn't watch/read how the news was given, but yeah, I agree; being a virgin doesn't make you above others strictly by merit, but owning it is just as great as the next person who owns their sexual life. Be comfortable with your decisions.

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

I didn't watch/read how the news was given, but yeah, I agree; being a virgin doesn't make you above others strictly by merit, but owning it is just as great as the next person who owns their sexual life. Be comfortable with your decisions.

I should have known our resident asexual would be in support! :cackle: 

I think it's also just the marriage thing I don't like. Fair enough if you want to wait until you find the right person but the idea of waiting until God gives you permission...Chile...

• LMAO 1