Cancelled Singles

rymc730

I posted this in the Popjustice forums, but curious if you knew any to add.

What songs were planned to be released as singles, but were cancelled (for whatever reason or poor album sales etc)? Here are some that come to mind:

B*Witched - Where Will You Go? - The band were due to film the video in Africa before being dropped by their label. The band recorded it for the third album which was also scrapped.

Girl Thing - So You Wanna Have Sex - Was due to be the third UK single. Release was cancelled, but a snippet leaked https://m.soundcloud.com/black-melody/so-you-wanna-have-sex-clip

Spice Girls - Never Give Up On The Good Times - Was supposed to be released as a AA-Side single with Viva Forever, but after Geri left, Viva Forever was released instead.

Avril Lavigne - Daydream - It was intended to be the lead single from “Under My Skin”, but “Don’t Tell Me” was released instead. It was ultimately left off the album. Miranda Cosgrove recorded it for her album “Sparks Fly” in 2010. Coincidentally she also recorded a song called “Dancing Crazy” that Avril Lavigne wrote intended for Avril’s fourth album “Goodbye Lullaby.” So far only a looped snippet of Avril’s version of “Daydream” has surfaced.

Edited by rymc730

1 hour ago, Zach said:

Hilary Duff: Danger, Weird, I Am, Break My Heart, Where Did I Go Right?, The Getaway, Do You Want Me, Dignity, Gypsy Woman

Aly & AJ: Out of the Blue

I don't know that any of these were planned, but The Getaway was definitely serviced to Radio in Canada.