UK POP QUEENS

POPBOIY

32 minutes ago, Ari said:

I am someone as well who follows their career and have for several years, they're my favourite group in the world and I love them as much as I love Ariana.
However I have to massively disagree with everything you're saying.

Each album that has come out they've got bigger and bigger, with that their writing credits in the albums have gotten smaller and smaller (look at the writing credits for Salute compared to Glory Days) as well as the work getting more and more. 3 tours in one year is not normal compared to "other popstars" nor should it be, they don't care about "money" or "playing as many live shows as they can" and "pushing these shows themselves" it's the PR/management doing this. The girls have said so many times that they want to do what they do but they want decent breaks in-between them as they're separated from their families for long periods of time which they don't find normal. 

Of course they want to be worldwide famous and all that shite, however, the thing is they're being overworked to the brim. Jade and Perrie's voices cracked/went for a few shows for the Glory Days tour, If I remember correctly, Jade had to miss a show or two because her voice was that strained. Not to mention there's a full on breakdown from her to her vocal coach in the Glory Days Documentary.

The reason they try and fail on breaking America is because management never goes full in, it's always half hearted, they were in America for 3 months last year and didn't do any talk shows, any performances, just the tour with Ariana and releasing a single with MGK with zero promo (and then released a whole other single a few months later)
Syco would never "throw the towel in by now" considering they're the only acts that's relevant and good enough for them to make an actual income, look at all the other artists on their label and ask yourself where are they now? They use Litlte Mix like a piggy bank to try and push other artists they have which as well, flops.

With you being a clear Leona stan, I would've thought you of all people would know how shit Syco is considering all the stuff that went on between them.

Yeah I don't like Syco and think they are shit, but you realise Syco aren't to blame for some of those things you are criticizing them for?

US promo has nothing to do with Syco, its the US label's job to book their promo spots and get them gigs. 

Tours are booked by artists and management, not labels and its clear the girls are making bank just now while they can. They can turn around and say no to these Summer shows, they aren't obligated but they are easy money for them, they'll make little from their music it is live tour dates they earn the real money and that is why they are touring so much. 

I honestly think some of Little Mix fan's underestimate their drive and work ethic, these girls are willing to graft and you are saying three tours in a year, okay it sounds like a lot and is but bigger artists are touring for a year with 1 tour, Little Mix have broken theirs up into smaller segments. So really are they doing that many more shows than some of the superstar performers. 

I think we need to agree to disagree. It will all become clear how the girls feel when there contract is up for renewal, which I believe is soon. 

Edit: Some tours of other artists. 

Pink - Truth - 142 dates in a year. 

Beyonce - Mrs Carter - 132 dates in a year. 

Katy Perry - Prismatic - 151 dates in a year and a half. 

Now look at Little Mix. 

Get Weird started 13th March until 27th August 2016 and played 60 shows. They then followed that with Ariana's shows between February 3rd and April 17th 2017 with 34 shows played and then they kicked off their summer tour and main tour between 21st May and 26th November and played 75 in total. 

So in almost two years, 22 months they played 169 shows which is on par with the big league tours artists. And there were 6 months in total they didn't tour, that doesn't include breaks in between certain legs of tour either. 

No doubt they work bloody hard, but they aren't in an exclusive club of artists who tour and promote like crazy.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 11:43 PM, Ruthless Love said:

I'm hoping she shapes up and gives us one by 2020, haha.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :yaskween: I'm still pissed she teased one years ago and then never came through with even a single. :yeah: 

On 4/3/2018 at 4:38 AM, Turn Ya Head said:

Why is everyone forgetting the flop queen Lolene?????

STAN LOLENE! :hail: She still had that Brit-Pop sensibility even if she was working with American producers and writers, I loved her and her disco vagina. :cackle: 

1 hour ago, Countess said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :yaskween: I'm still pissed she teased one years ago and then never came through with even a single. :yeah: 

I do remember her stating in an interview a few years back that she didn't want to put an album out simply to put an album out. She was enjoying writing for other artists.

15 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I do remember her stating in an interview a few years back that she didn't want to put an album out simply to put an album out. She was enjoying writing for other artists.

She's been saying that quite a bit, but I also recall her announcing a single a few years ago which never ended up coming to fruition... :fishie: