Elton John Announces Retirement & Three Year Farewell Tour

DUU_afrXUAASpVv.jpg

“I’m not going to be touring anymore, apart from this global tour which launches in September,” Elton John told CNN's Anderson Cooper, noting he will be saying goodbye with a 300-date, three-year worldwide Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour promoted by AEG Presents.

John said now “the time is right to say thank you to my fans,” launching his tour at the PPL Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania, followed by arena shows at New York's Madison Square Garden (Oct. 18-19), Amway Center in Orlando (Nov. 27) and Staples Center (Jan. 22-23, 2019). John promises an over-the-top production this tour that will visually and musically take fans through his decades-long career with Gucci designing his tour wardrobe. John will head to Europe in May 2019 and will add additional dates in South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

He also added that he will not be returning to the road after the tour wraps, telling Cooper, “I’m not Cher, even though I like wearing her clothes — this is the end.”

I'm not even the biggest fan of him but I feel like I'm gonna have to check out this last tour just to say I've seen him live! ;)