Jodie Whittaker Becomes First Female Doctor Who

Main Pop Girl

jodie-whittaker-doctor-who.jpg?w=620

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the Thirteenth Doctor.

The identity of the new Doctor was revealed exclusively on BBC One and on social media around the world after the Men’s Wimbledon Final on Sunday 16th July.

She will be the Thirteenth Time Lord and take over from Peter Capaldi who leaves the global hit show at Christmas.

New head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall who takes over from Steven Moffat on the next series made the decision to cast the first ever woman in the iconic role.

Jodie Whittaker says: “I’m beyond excited to begin this epic journey - with Chris and with every Whovian on this planet. It’s more than an honour to play the Doctor. It means remembering everyone I used to be, while stepping forward to embrace everything the Doctor stands for: hope. I can’t wait.”

Tbh I haven't watched any Doctor Who series since the 90s so I can't really have an opinion on this, but I know a lot of fans are mad that we're getting a female in the role. :/ I think it's stupid to be annoyed about that but at the same time I wouldn't want a female James Bond so I kinda get it...What do y'all think?

• YAAASSS 3