Paparazzo Seeling Umbrella From Britney's 2007 Attack

AARmy

The perfect gift for the pop culture junkie? The paparazzo who Britney Spears attacked with an umbrella during her infamous 2007 meltdown is selling the item to the highest bidder.

Photographer Daniel Ramos told Broadly on the 10-year anniversary of the incident on Tuesday, February 21, that he’s auctioning off the green umbrella and plans to donate half the proceeds to a charity of the pop star’s choice.

As fans remember, the incident came at a troubled time for Britney, who was undergoing a custody battle with her then-estranged husband Kevin Federline, and had recently shaved her own head at an LA salon. After being swarmed by photographers at a gas station, the pop star went on the attack, using the umbrella to smash the paparazzi’s SUV and yelling, “F--k you.”

“It was a bad moment in her life,” Ramos — who also settled alleged assault claims with Kanye West after a scuffle at LAX in 2013 — told Broadly of the "Toxic" singer’s very public meltdown. “Unfortunately it was captured.”

The following year, Britney was placed on two psychiatric holds, and despite making a comeback and starring in her Vegas residency show, she and her estate remain under a conservatorship run by her father, Jamie Spears.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/paparazzo-selling-umbrella-from-britneys-2007-attack-w468179

52 minutes ago, Tweener said:

LOL. How did they get this umbrella tho? Did she throw it inside of the car or something?

How do they prove the authenticity of this item? 

She threw it at him (the seller) and another pap picked it up and made sure he had it. The quoted text makes this seem much more hostile than it should be, the guy gave a really interesting interview into his time with Britney and apparently up until then they were all very close and helped each other out (the paps and Brit I mean) like when she burst a tire on the freeway and she asked the paps to help her out. During the umbrella attack he was asking how she was and she responded by fucking up his car (which I think he's also selling), but obviously it was a very emotionally tumultuous time for her so he wasn't surprised that she suddenly reacted like that and he harbored no negative feelings about it. I wonder if one day we'll get an accurate movie about her life which includes all the lesser known bits like this

• YAAASSS 2

On 2/23/2017 at 6:16 AM, Woodcrest said:

She threw it at him (the seller) and another pap picked it up and made sure he had it. The quoted text makes this seem much more hostile than it should be, the guy gave a really interesting interview into his time with Britney and apparently up until then they were all very close and helped each other out (the paps and Brit I mean) like when she burst a tire on the freeway and she asked the paps to help her out. During the umbrella attack he was asking how she was and she responded by fucking up his car (which I think he's also selling), but obviously it was a very emotionally tumultuous time for her so he wasn't surprised that she suddenly reacted like that and he harbored no negative feelings about it. I wonder if one day we'll get an accurate movie about her life which includes all the lesser known bits like this

She definitely had a love hate relationship with the paps...The videos on YouTube range from her saying to one "Try Weight Watchers, you fat fuck!" to picking one up in her car and driving him around all day like they were boyfriend and girlfriend. :stretcher: But I think overall the problem is that these paps are insanely manipulative and would have done anything to either get close to her for an inside scoop or make her blow up for an exclusive photo of her angry. I know they might seem nice but that doesn't make them trustworthy.