The Veronicas' Jupiters show (+ Big Pineapple)

V

I swear if nobody recorded the new song(s) in full I'm going to flip shit...

I figured I'd start a thread where any of us who are hoping for any possible update at all can keep each other updated...

"veronicas" yt feed / #theveronicas ig feed / "veronicas" twitter video feed 

NEW SONG, "Best Friend": 

Spoiler

Big Pineapple performance:

& lyric preview: 

& studio preview:

4Ever:

Spoiler

Everything I'm Not:

Spoiler

Mouth Shut:

Spoiler

Untouched:

Spoiler

This Is How It Feels:

Spoiler

This Love:

Spoiler

Take Me On The Floor:

Spoiler

You Ruin Me:

Spoiler

Cruel:

Spoiler

If You Love Someone:

Spoiler

Habits:

Spoiler

This person seemed to record decent length videos at the concert, I'm watching the fuck out of their page waiting for any new videos to go up: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyWrvTpfzWfSGjEKV-YE7Gg

the highlights seem to be: Jess's ass, Lisa playing guitar, NEW SONG, Jess's ass, songs from every era, Jess's ass...

If anyone found anything else please let me know!!!  & if either of those videos end up taken down, let me know and I'll re-up them. 

8 hours ago, Countess said:

'Best Friend' sounds pretty good, although I prefer the sound of the more synthy studio version. ;) Do we know if they actually performed any other new songs or was it just that one?

From what I've seen a lot of people are asking that question, and nobody is answering it.  :\\\

it's frustrating that there are so few decent length videos!  the songs they definitely did are 4Ever, Everything I'm Not (the original version, not the Sanctified slow), This Is How It Feels, Untouched, This Love, Take Me On The Floor, Cruel, If You Love Someone, You Ruin Me, Tove Lo's "Habits", and Best Friend

• YAAASSS 1

8 hours ago, Countess said:

Do we know if they actually performed any other new songs or was it just that one?

2 hours ago, V said:

From what I've seen a lot of people are asking that question, and nobody is answering it.  :\\\

nvm, we have an answer now

only song.png

which begs the question... why couldn't anyone record the ONE new song that they did :angry:

Just now, low kii savage said:

Maybe they've asked to not to record it? At least I think so :blush:

I mean all the other shows they've done they say they love when people record it so that international fans/fans who couldn't make it to the show get to hear the music...  it's usually just venue security that tries to stop recording (which happened at a lot of RIS tour stops, but people managed to record back then anyway) but someone recorded the whole songs of 4Ever and Untouched, and most of IYLS and This Love, so I don't think the venue was stopping anyone

and I'm like 99% sure the girls know/are friends with the SandyMaree girl that tweeted a clip of Best Friend, so she wouldn't post it if the girls said not to

• YAAASSS 1

Just now, V said:

I mean all the other shows they've done they say they love when people record it so that international fans/fans who couldn't make it to the show get to hear the music...  it's usually just venue security that tries to stop recording (which happened at a lot of RIS tour stops, but people managed to record back then anyway) but someone recorded the whole songs of 4Ever and Untouched, and most of IYLS and This Love, so I don't think the venue was stopping anyone

and I'm like 99% sure the girls know/are friends with the SandyMaree girl that tweeted a clip of Best Friend, so she wouldn't post it if the girls said not to

Also while we're talking about them, and I guess you know much about them both, do you know if they've ever performed More Like Me <3 ? One of my favourite songs tbh!

2 minutes ago, low kii savage said:

Also while we're talking about them, and I guess you know much about them both, do you know if they've ever performed More Like Me <3 ? One of my favourite songs tbh!

oh man I wanted to say "yes" right away, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can't say I've ever heard a live version of it... not finding any on youtube, either.  Reading off the self-titled tracklist the ones I know they've done live are Sanctified, Did You Miss Me, Cruel, Line Of Fire, Teenage Millionaire, Always, Mad Love, You Ruin Me, If You Love Someone, Cold, Let Me Out, and You And Me.

which just leaves out Born Bob Dylan and More Like Me... weird, esp. since I know they really fought for Born Bob Dylan since it was under Warner and they had to buy it back.  even that one they apparently did during a sound check one night.  so weird that they've never done More Like Me, it's one of my faves too!  and considering the HMU songs they didn't do live were the really overly electronic or floaty ones (I Can't Stay Away, I Don't Wanna Wait, Someone Wake Me Up) I don't know why they didn't do More Like Me live, and now I'm super curious haha

1 minute ago, V said:

oh man I wanted to say "yes" right away, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can't say I've ever heard a live version of it... not finding any on youtube, either.  Reading off the self-titled tracklist the ones I know they've done live are Sanctified, Did You Miss Me, Cruel, Line Of Fire, Teenage Millionaire, Always, Mad Love, You Ruin Me, If You Love Someone, Cold, Let Me Out, and You And Me.

which just leaves out Born Bob Dylan and More Like Me... weird, esp. since I know they really fought for Born Bob Dylan since it was under Warner and they had to buy it back.  even that one they apparently did during a sound check one night.  so weird that they've never done More Like Me, it's one of my faves too!  and considering the HMU songs they didn't do live were the really overly electronic or floaty ones (I Can't Stay Away, I Don't Wanna Wait, Someone Wake Me Up) I don't know why they didn't do More Like Me live, and now I'm super curious haha

Maybe they just don't like it, which would be sad :/ Also Born Bob Dylan is awsome too! Tho I think they didn't performed it since it's cover :stretcher:

1 minute ago, low kii savage said:

Maybe they just don't like it, which would be sad :/ Also Born Bob Dylan is awsome too! Tho I think they didn't performed it since it's cover :stretcher:

I hope that's not the case, I love that song :(  now I really wanna ask them about it haha

which song is a cover, Born Bob Dylan?  they wrote Born Bob Dylan themselves :S

& they do covers live, they did Mother Mother live through two eras

Just now, V said:

I hope that's not the case, I love that song :(  now I really wanna ask them about it haha

which song is a cover, Born Bob Dylan?  they wrote Born Bob Dylan themselves :S

& they do covers live, they did Mother Mother live through two eras

Correct me if I'm false, but I think it's cover of her. Maybe they wrote it like in 2009 and than they've sold it to her?

• YAAASSS 1

1 minute ago, low kii savage said:

Correct me if I'm false, but I think it's cover of her. Maybe they wrote it like in 2009 and than they've sold it to her?

Maybe they wrote it with her?  The songwriter credits on it are to Jess, Lisa, Toby Gad, and Susan Cagle.  It looks like "Susan Cagle" is her, and Susan Justice is a stage name.  maybe Toby Gad works with her too and he brought them together to collaborate on this???

7 minutes ago, V said:

Maybe they wrote it with her?  The songwriter credits on it are to Jess, Lisa, Toby Gad, and Susan Cagle.  It looks like "Susan Cagle" is her, and Susan Justice is a stage name.  maybe Toby Gad works with her too and he brought them together to collaborate on this???

You might be right, while her name is actually Cagle, but the thing is, that she've released this song on her album, mess :stretcher: Tho, still, this song is awsome!
EDIT: I see they've changed the bridge, so that's the reason why they're still writers 

2 minutes ago, low kii savage said:

You might be right, while her name is actually Cagle, but the thing is, that she've released this song on her album, mess :stretcher: Tho, still, this song is awsome!

makes me wonder how long they've been waiting to release it haha... I'm still salty about that whole Warner shitshow