Collaborative Cover Art!

Main Pop Girl

So me and @Mr. Watson worked on a Cruel Youth cover together a few weeks ago, and it managed to turn out really well!

Cruel Youth - Mr. Watson.png

I thought it could be a good idea to create this thread so we can work on covers together. <3 Sometimes you get to a certain point with a cover and you're not sure where to go with it, and sometimes you just need something polished but you're getting sick of it already. :stretcher: If that happens you can post in this thread and ask someone else to take over for you!

I'll start. ;) I have this Leona cover which I've been sitting on for a while but I'm really not sure where to go with it. I'm happy with the concept but the cutting is kinda messy because it was cut out from a LQ photo with a black background. :'(  If anyone has any ideas what I can do to make it more HQ and fix the hair at all I'd be really appreciative! Let me know if you want the psd file as well. ;) 

Leona Lewis - Twilight.png

• YAAASSS 2

25 minutes ago, Woodcrest said:

Try downloading some hair brushes and put them in a layer under the cutout. I'm fairly confident with hair cutting but sometimes it just makes them look slightly more polished. Deviantart has some good ones!

That's a good idea! Do you remember which ones you used? I have a few but they look super wooden and they're not really long enough for this I feel like. :'( 

6 hours ago, Countess said:

Any thoughts on this? Thinking of maybe making the Q and K pink and blue respectively and making the centre bar a gradient of pink and blue.

Black Cards.png

I understand that it can sometimes make MQ images look slightly better, but I'd recommend avoiding Topaz at all costs, especially with covers. I feel like this could look really nice without the Topaz applied tbh :flush: 

11 hours ago, PERFECTIONIST said:

q= blue

k=pink

break gender norms lol

YASSS! :hail: I'm gonna steal this. :stretcher: 

8 hours ago, Woodcrest said:

I understand that it can sometimes make MQ images look slightly better, but I'd recommend avoiding Topaz at all costs, especially with covers. I feel like this could look really nice without the Topaz applied tbh :flush: 

I wanted it to be pretty stylised tho. It's meant to look like a playing card so I wanted something that looked like an illustration rather than a photo. :) 

• 2 weeks later...