PHF Apprentice: Teenage Rebellion War Room

Tyra Banks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Neon said:

I really hope we can win again. Fingers crossed! <3 I have an idea, but I think it might be something similar to what the site did before

Maybe we could do something like a radio show where we play released music, but also some "unreleased" songs we have and we could play it on the radio show. We could also play some music from our own members at the site so we could give them some promo. Holding some weekly contests on the radio show where listeners could win PHF merch, or maybe also an unreleased track from their favs would be a great thing to do on the show too.

Do you guys like the idea?, because it's fine if you don't. :P 

ooooh I REALLY Like that idea <3

1 hour ago, Neon said:

Yay, thanks boo! :phone:

So we got one idea from me and @RadiantEdits likes it! @Mona Lisa do you have another idea or something we can think about and vote on? :D

I like your idea but PHF has already done like twenty of those, they used to have a link on the front page and do a radio show every week. i think if we wanna do that we have to make it more interesting somehow. Maybe we can have some game on the radio show or something? Idk

2 hours ago, Neon said:

Oh, mess. :shocked:

Well has the site had any contests, competitions or games on the radio show? If the radio show didn't, well we could add that when we make the radio show. But if we did, I'm not sure about other stuff yet, but I'm gonna think about it.

Yeah I don't know, i don't think they've had any competitions but idk how to implement them. How can we do something revolutionary with it? :/ 

10 hours ago, Neon said:

Yeah, you're right. I don't think anything that "great" will happen if we continue with the idea. We've already had a lot of radio shows so we should think of another thing. Since the task is involved with the PHF record label, I think we should have a task really involved with music.

Another idea came up to my mind and you can vote if you want the idea for our submission to the task or nope. :P

We could have a listening party, where we could chat, where we could play music from out favs, and also PHF members' music, and even "unreleased" tracks we have that we're willing to play on the session. We could have some games on the listening session including some trivia questions about their favs or trivia questions on our members from the site. Possible answers could be scattered around the site on articles, posts and etc. Whoever wins can get PHF merch or an unreleased track or anything else if you wanna add it. :D 

That sounds good actually. Or what about if we called it like a trivia night? We can have it on the radio website, everyone gets in teams, then someone on the radio asks a question. Every team sends a private message to Mo as they're playing a song and then after the song is played the answer is revealed and the tally is added to. Then that way it's a radio show and a game all in one :D 

23 hours ago, Neon said:

I just saw the post of the other team a few hours ago, and it is agreeable that our idea does look really similar to theirs.

So, I think we could go for the first idea that I composed, but with more improvements and some changes since it has been a lot of times before. While we have a radio show, we could include a chat of some sort then we can input which songs played, which songs are going to be played and the games we're going to put on the show. Maybe a raffle would also be great since it could be a nice addition to the games we'll do. Whoever wins from the raffle can get the title of a VIP Member of the site and access the Exclusives section on PHF. To make things simple, we're having a radio show with a chat, and some games to make it more fun and enjoyable for the listeners of the show. :) 

Yeah, we could do that. That sounds better than my original idea actually. :magic:

So, we have our main idea for the task and what we need are some things to spread the word around. Maybe we could make a Twitter account and a Facebook so whoever follows those pages will get a notification on which songs are playing, when the next round of the game will start and the winners of the round. We might need a poster and a "banner" for the pages to like make it better and not really plain.

So @RadiantEdits be prepared for making posters, banners and etc. ;)

That sounds really good! We can even make them answer all the trivia questions on Twitter and then that way we can get some promo on there and get everyone playing the game :) Good ideas guys, this is sounding good

19 hours ago, Neon said:

Yeah, we could do that! We're halfway through the week so we should get the Twitter account, the poster and the banner done before Friday.

Me and @Mona Lisa start on writing the outline on what our idea aims to achieve and step-by-step instructions on how we'll do our idea.

We also have to include something else which is relevant to our idea so we can include the pages we made and which games we'll have on the radio show. :magic:

Sounds good. How many times have you been team leader? Ive done it once

• 2 weeks later...

Team Leader: @RadiantEdits

Artwork:

SUbhbdh.png

Background:  I wanted to capture the dreamy vibe of the song with the blue clouds and the rap edge with some textures, I also added the #PopHatesFlopsRecords Label logo on the bottom for some branding and promo.

Release Strategy: This strategy will be done on March 28. The PopHatesFlops label will release Kevin's single by making a hashtag campaign through twitter. The hashtag used will be #AintReadyToGetShady where anyone from Twitter can throw shade at any of their flops, friends or etc using the hashtag. Kevin's album is going to be a visual album, where music videos only shot on a simple camera will be made for each track on the album. No information about the album will get out, no snippets, nothing at all. It will be surprise released on Kevin's birthday, which is his gift to his fans.

Music Video Concept: Since the song is about people being shady and being jealous, the video could have a theme where we could do the video at a place like a warehouse and a boxing match-type setting where people throwing shade at Kevin will be fighting Kevin and Kevin will fall down. Kevin gets back up and continues fighting, he keeps falling down but he eventually gets up and punches the shady flops to the ground. It ends with Kevin leaving the place, with bruises and scars.

We think we can make this a really cheap video by just using a simple camera, an iPhone camera to represent on how we just want a simple video. It can also show on how using an everyday used device which most, if not everyone can be relatable. Because we use these devices everyday, it can show that the video can be relatable and give us the feeling we get when we just want to bring the haters down. We will not hire a proper director because, we can get another member of the site who is willing to help with recording the video and etc. The video will be premiered on the official PopHatesFlops YouTube page and will be promoted on the radio show, official PopHatesFlops site and label pages and the site itself. 

Bonus:  I Also made multiple artworks with different color schemes, so fans can choose which one they like the most to use.

Spoiler

Bh5XUpH.png

gvWzia1.png

:magic:

Archived