American Horror Story: Hotel

Main Pop Girl

ahs-hotel.jpg

So I only just got around to watching the first episode a few minutes ago, and honestly I'm still kind of gathering my thoughts about the whole thing. I feel like the show is a lot more polished than it has been for the past few seasons, but I think that because of that it's lost some of the camp and comedic value it's had recently which is making it a little...boring in some ways? Idk, maybe it will just take a few episodes for the plot to really kick in but at the moment I'm not really sure where it's going.

As for Gaga, I thought she did a good job with the scenes she was given, but I was definitely expecting her to have more to play with. I need her to deliver some flawless five minute monologue without any cuts or something ridiculous like that just so she can prove that she's a good actress and we can move on. At the moment she's just stuck delivering these short one-liners before there's another quick cut or crazy camera angle and we're not really getting to see the full extent of her talent imo.

Definitely going to keep watching the rest of the season and see if it gets better tho! What do you guys think so far?

• 3 months later...

This season was so good, Definitely loved it all. <3

The Music, & the Darkness of this season was so good. :hail:

The Ending Scene with The Countess in that blue dress, and that music ooooh yesss :shocked:

My Season Rank:

01. Asylum

02. Hotel

03. Freakshow

04. Murder House

05. Coven

Can't wait for Next Season :magic:

On 1/18/2016, 4:11:22, RadiantEdits said:

This season was so good, Definitely loved it all. <3

The Music, & the Darkness of this season was so good. :hail:

The Ending Scene with The Countess in that blue dress, and that music ooooh yesss :shocked:

My Season Rank:

01. Asylum

02. Hotel

03. Freakshow

04. Murder House

05. Coven

Can't wait for Next Season :magic:

Honestly I'm so behind on this show. :stretcher: I watched like the first five episodes and then I got bored, so I'll have to go back and binge watch them all again. But from what I've seen so far, I would say:

1. Murder House
  2. Asylum
  3. Hotel
  4. Coven
  5. Freakshow

On 1/20/2016, 11:47:58, Countess said:

Honestly I'm so behind on this show. :stretcher: I watched like the first five episodes and then I got bored, so I'll have to go back and binge watch them all again. But from what I've seen so far, I would say:

1. Murder House
  2. Asylum
  3. Hotel
  4. Coven
  5. Freakshow

I'm clueless as to how I'd rank all the seasons together, but I do know Murder House would be first. Bravo on your flawless first pick! :hail:

• YAAASSS 1

On 1/21/2016, 9:56:25, Cry Baby said:

It's not that i don't like GaGa, i just think AHS is not AHS without Lange, and all that Vampire stuff is so cliche

Honestly I forgot all about Jessica by the end of episode one. :morning:  I'll agree with you on the vampire theme though, that could have been done a little better.

On 1/23/2016, 5:45:42, Paradise said:

I'm clueless as to how I'd rank all the seasons together, but I do know Murder House would be first. Bravo on your flawless first pick! :hail:

Right!? :hail: I have no idea why they've never brought Connie back for another season, she made that entire season for me!

Hey guys, newbie here. 

I enjoyed this season of American Horror Story, but it wasn't brilliant, they always try to do too much now, they need to cut the storylines back and just concentrate on two or three. It also went out on a bit of a whimper. 

Lady Gaga's character and Liz were amazing, loved both of them. 

6 hours ago, I2You said:

Hey guys, newbie here. 

I enjoyed this season of American Horror Story, but it wasn't brilliant, they always try to do too much now, they need to cut the storylines back and just concentrate on two or three. It also went out on a bit of a whimper. 

Lady Gaga's character and Liz were amazing, loved both of them. 

Yeah, I think the storylines in general are just kind of a mess. :stretcher: Which is a shame because they always come up with flawless characters, aka The Countess, Liz and Sally. :'( 

4 hours ago, RadiantEdits said:

this. Connie slayed, and was one of my fave characters that season. 

I Want her back for AHS 6

Right? :hail: I'm excited to see her in American Crime Story at least, she always makes her characters so sympathetic and loveable. <3

• YAAASSS 1