Britney Rumoured for SuperBowl Half Time Show

normal_537_cropped.jpg

On Thursday, March 12, a source for the National Enquirer, as cited by HollywoodLife.com, reported that with the current success of her performances in Las Vegas’ Planet Hollywood, Britney Spears is up and ready to do more. And judging from how things are going on, she’s most likely starting it off with the halftime performance for the 2016 Super Bowl next February.

“She’s definitely doing a part in the Super Bowl halftime show next year. The details haven’t totally been worked out yet, but it will be huge,” the source added.

Should Spears be signed up for next year’s Super Bowl halftime show, it will be counted as her second halftime show for the event after 15 years. Back in 2001, Spears was also on board to perform, alongside Mary J. Blige, Nelly, and the bands Aerosmith and ‘NSYNC. On the other hand, for next year’s Super Bowl, there are talks that she will be performing alongside Miley Cyrus, since they both have Larry Rudolph as their manager.

While talks for the Super Bowl are reportedly still going on, Spears is still heating up Las Vegas through her Planet Hollywood performances. In fact, Spears has already signed in an extension to her contract for the ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ shows and making it until 2017.

But for now, Spears is taking a break from her Las Vegas shows and has been spending her free-from-work days with her two boys – ayden and Preston. She has also been seen hanging out with her boyfriend Charlie Ebersol, her ex-husband and father of her children Kevin Federline, and her mother Lynne.

What do you think of the good chance of seeing Britney Spears perform for next year’s Super Bowl halftime show?

If Brit actually managed to pull this off, it could be absolutely huge and the perfect move to revitalize her career. Sadly I just don't think she cares enough about her music anymore to put in the effort for it. :(

#GagaForSuperBowl2016

I love Britney but she stopped caring about really performing years ago. I can see this working, but not well. Gaga would be awesome but at the same time it would be so heavily controlled that I don't know if she would want to do it, plus it wouldn't be as interesting if she couldn't be her normal crazy self.

I love Britney but she stopped caring about really performing years ago. I can see this working, but not well. Gaga would be awesome but at the same time it would be so heavily controlled that I don't know if she would want to do it, plus it wouldn't be as interesting if she couldn't be her normal crazy self.

Fair point about Gaga actually. Plus it seems like it's a pre-requisite that you need to lip sync for the SuperBowl nowadays and I really don't think she'd be up for that. :vacuum:

Fair point about Gaga actually. Plus it seems like it's a pre-requisite that you need to lip sync for the SuperBowl nowadays and I really don't think she'd be up for that. :vacuum:

You have to lipsync so everybody has the same experience, from the people in the stadium, to the people at home, since it's such a big event, they can't afford that someone miss. 

Gurl, you saying that Gaga doesn't lipsync OKURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Britney is doing great in Las Vegas, so I see why they want her, I mean if Katy was good with all the production, just imagine Britney, she can finally put a robot to do the show for her.

You have to lipsync so everybody has the same experience, from the people in the stadium, to the people at home, since it's such a big event, they can't afford that someone miss.

Gurl, you saying that Gaga doesn't lipsync OKURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Britney is doing great in Las Vegas, so I see why they want her, I mean if Katy was good with all the production, just imagine Britney, she can finally put a robot to do the show for her.

:shocked:  :cypher:  :shocked:

But please show me a video of Gaga lip syncing? :magic: She definitely sings along to a backing track for a lot of songs, but I haven't seen one video of her performing with her mic turned off.