Elliot Rodger's Revenge on Humanity

Cypher

Elliot Rodger was a 22 year old student at University of California, Santa Barbara. On May 23, 2014, he fired bullets at two students outside a sorority house. His rampage continued throughout Isla Vista, an incorporated area of Santa Barbara. By the end, he had killed 7 and injured 18. Within the 7 deceased, were his two roommates and a guest that was visiting at the time. Leading up to what he calls 'Retribution Day', he posted videos on YouTube and wrote a 141 page manuscript.

You can read the manifesto here.

I'm deeply saddened by this because one of his roommates was an old student of mine for 2 years ago.

My heart goes out to those affected by the events of Friday night.

Aw no, Cypher! I'm so sorry to hear that you knew one of the victims. :( That's incredibly sad, especially given how much unnecessary pain their death will cause their families and friends. My heart really goes out to you and everyone who knew them, it must be especially hard given how toxic the media and Tumblr dumbasses are being about all this.

It's really sad and sick that people are trying to turn this tragedy into some feminist statement as well. The guy who committed these acts was clearly mentally ill, and while his "manifesto" and video leading up to the attacks is clearly misogynistic, it's unlikely that that was what drove him to murder, especially considering four of his victims were male. To try and benefit politically from anything like this is just incredibly tacky as well as misguided in my opinion.