Sea's High Review/Recommendation thread

Matilda Mantis

Shades of Cool sounds a lot more depressing than west Coast though...

Do you think? To me 'West Coast' is kind of more moody and heavy while 'Shades of Cool' is kind of angry and powerful? But I wouldn't say either of them are super depressing or make me wanna cry either.

Do you think? To me 'West Coast' is kind of more moody and heavy while 'Shades of Cool' is kind of angry and powerful? But I wouldn't say either of them are super depressing or make me wanna cry either.

I was thinking more lyrically. :P

'West Coast' talks about living in the West coast, people drink, people sway to the music, people fall in love with the films and music, it's just the way of life out here, especially if you actually live on the coast.

'Shades of Cool' is her singing about a man whom she loves who loves her back but put her second to drugs, who rather be high and wander the world having fun than settle down with Lana, how she wants it to be.

I was thinking more lyrically. :P

'West Coast' talks about living in the West coast, people drink, people sway to the music, people fall in love with the films and music, it's just the way of life out here, especially if you actually live on the coast.

'Shades of Cool' is her singing about a man whom she loves who loves her back but put her second to drugs, who rather be high and wander the world having fun than settle down with Lana, how she wants it to be.

Omg true! :stretcher: Tbqh I barely even looked at the lyrics to 'Shades of Cool', I was just enjoying the production. But you're right, it's a lot more moodier than WC in that sense.

• 1 month later...