The Walking Dead Spinoff

Main Pop Girl

Months after AMC announced its intention to create a companion show to The Walking Dead, the network has confirmed that the series is officially happening, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The network brought on writer-producer Dave Erickson (Sons of Anarchy, Low Winter Sun) as showrunner, executive producer and co-writer, according to Uproxx. He joins a team for the show that includes Dead creator Robert Kirkman and producer Gale Anne Hurd.

The still-untitled series was previously rumored to be a prequel that would focus on the events that led up to the main series' apocalyptic storyline. But neither the network nor the producers have hinted at what the show will be about other than the fact that it won't technically be a "spinoff" since it won't feature characters from The Walking Dead TV series. Uproxx theorizes that the new series will be set in the same apocalypse timeline. Last year, creator Robert Kirkman confirmed that the show will feature an entirely new cast and location, but offered little else.

"We are going to see an entirely different corner of The Walking Dead," Kirkman told IGN in an October interview. "It definitely won

OMG!!!! I'm so hyper for this :excited:

They have TWD webisodes, which is kind of the same idea as this & they're so well done. It's just as interesting as the show.

UGGHHH I haven't checked out the webisodes! I just get super excited when brands start expanding in so many new directions. Now they have games, comics, web content, a tv show and another on the way. I'd love for them to keep going and release some kind of conceptual album or even a stageshow or something tbh, that would be amazing! :hail:

• 10 months later...