Versions of "Red Lips" by Sky Ferreira

roger

I downloaded a file named "Red Lips - Single + Alternative Versions" on Sky Ferreira Source Megapost and saw 4 different files:

1. Red Lips

2. Red Lips (Radio Edit)

3. Red Lips (Video Edit)

4. Red Lips (Soundcloud Version)

The first one is the iTunes file which is the same as the one on her EP "Ghost".

The second one is the same as the first one but there's not (at least by me) any noticeable difference except for a watermark where the song was streamed on, it's also in LQ.

The third one starts with a sound from the youtube channel where it was originally premiered: Terry TV, and the intro is a little bit longer (4 beeps instead of 2).

The fourth one is pretty much the same as the video version (except from the sound from Terry TV before the video starts), the intro is the same (4 beeps instead of 2 as the single/EP version).

I didn't hear any difference between the "Radio Edit" (#2) and the "Final/Single/EP version" (#1) and I didn't hear any difference between the "Video Edit" (#3) and the "Soundcloud Version" (#4)

But there are subtle difference between #1/2 and #3/4:

- The longer intro (4 beeps vs 2 beeps)

- If you listen to the first chorus til the very end there's an echo when she sings "What a shock" in the versions #1 and #2, but this echo is gone in versions #3 and #4.

I'm not sure about other changes but I think I can hear small changes in the instrumental and her main voice / background voice, but maybe it's only my head fucking with me lol.

Can anyone please clarify if there's a real difference between all these 4?

I'm sure that the "Final/Single/EP" version and the "Soundcloud" version are different, but there's a real difference in the other two compared to these two?

If anyone needs the download link here is it:

http://skyferreirasource.tumblr.com/post/40845826155/sky-ferreira-source-megapost

(Credit to our fellow member: Dancing On Diamonds, for running the blog and keeping the megapost updated).

I'm pretty sure I remember her saying that the version of Red Lips that was released was technically the demo version, and the final version was set to be released on her album, which as we know was scrapped. There is a snippet of a different version on youtube that has alternative production which I assume is the 'final' version that was supposed to be for the album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwaipUkQ0M A bit of a mess, but what else would you expect from Sky  :P

I'm pretty sure I remember her saying that the version of Red Lips that was released was technically the demo version, and the final version was set to be released on her album, which as we know was scrapped. There is a snippet of a different version on youtube that has alternative production which I assume is the 'final' version that was supposed to be for the album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwaipUkQ0M A bit of a mess, but what else would you expect from Sky  :P

I remember she said the same as well, but I'm not sure about that preview, it doesn't sound that different but I can tell the audio is edited or altered or filtered somehow, but who knows.

Maybe someone has more info about that preview.