Career Advice

trayertrash

I'm 100% serious about this, so I'd appreciate only serious answers to this.  :/

So, I'm 23, get paid a decent amount to nanny, but I feel like I should have a backup plan with my life, because lbr, nannying isn't going to last forever. I want to go to college, but I live too far away from any around here to be able to work & go to school, so I'm considering online classes. The thing is though, I sucked in high school. My GPA was something like a  1.9 It wasn't the fact that I wasn't smart, I just didn't apply myself because I had extreme depression problems, so I know I'm not going to get a scholarship for having good grades. I have aspergers, a form of autism & it's cause me to have a lot of anxiety problems, so I don't want a career that involved a lot of public speaking. I can handle one on one conversations, but to even think about speaking in front of a large amount of people stresses me out. I'm awful at math & science. No matter how hard I tried in school, my brain just couldn't grasp it. I had tutors, teachers help, studied at home, but it never clicked with me.I have to use a calculator to do even simple math problems. The only subjects I was good at in school were history and government, but I don't want to be a history teacher or senator because of my anxiety & I can't really think of any other decent jobs you can get with a history or government degree. I don't want a job that requires me to travel because I have a child. So are there any careers out there for me? I legit feel hopeless about my future right now because I can't seem to find anything that would fit my life.

Guest mitch

I'm 100% serious about this, so I'd appreciate only serious answers to this.  :/

So, I'm 23, get paid a decent amount to nanny, but I feel like I should have a backup plan with my life, because lbr, nannying isn't going to last forever. I want to go to college, but I live too far away from any around here to be able to work & go to school, so I'm considering online classes. The thing is though, I sucked in high school. My GPA was something like a  1.9 It wasn't the fact that I wasn't smart, I just didn't apply myself because I had extreme depression problems, so I know I'm not going to get a scholarship for having good grades. I have aspergers, a form of autism & it's cause me to have a lot of anxiety problems, so I don't want a career that involved a lot of public speaking. I can handle one on one conversations, but to even think about speaking in front of a large amount of people stresses me out. I'm awful at math & science. No matter how hard I tried in school, my brain just couldn't grasp it. I had tutors, teachers help, studied at home, but it never clicked with me.I have to use a calculator to do even simple math problems. The only subjects I was good at in school were history and government, but I don't want to be a history teacher or senator because of my anxiety & I can't really think of any other decent jobs you can get with a history or government degree. I don't want a job that requires me to travel because I have a child. So are there any careers out there for me? I legit feel hopeless about my future right now because I can't seem to find anything that would fit my life.

1. There's always an option to upgrade your high school grades  :magic:

2. I was terrible at math and science as well, so I suggest studying a subject in social sciences (Although that may be biased because I major in law so oops)  :magic:

3. Law is always an option  :magic: It is demanding but honestly the whole university experience is based on what you put into it, the more you do the more you get out of it. Plus, in university basically everything is individual and you spend most of your time at home so it gives you options. I know this isn't narrowing down any specific job or career option but you could always experiment with different courses. It basically comes down to what you're most passionate about. I'm sorry if I sound like a lame guidance councillor or something I just wanna give advice  :rockon:

Ps. You could always talk to me on FB if you need to talk about things, I'm here for you  <3