Gaga Opens Up About Post-ARTPOP Depression

I feel bad for her, but I mean, I think she should have seen this coming. ARTPOP as a concept is a little too high brow for the general audience. Most people (especially those who enjoy her club-friendly music) won't know or care for Jeff Koons or some of the other art concepts that appear on the album. For her to say 'the critics don't get my art' should be something she saw from a mile away. I think her rep has gotten to her head and she began to believe that people would be interested in whatever she put out. IE: If her obsession was with Koons, by talking about him, everyone in turn would also be interested in Koons.

I feel bad for her, but I mean, I think she should have seen this coming. ARTPOP as a concept is a little too high brow for the general audience. Most people (especially those who enjoy her club-friendly music) won't know or care for Jeff Koons or some of the other art concepts that appear on the album. For her to say 'the critics don't get my art' should be something she saw from a mile away. I think her rep has gotten to her head and she began to believe that people would be interested in whatever she put out. IE: If her obsession was with Koons, by talking about him, everyone in turn would also be interested in Koons.

Hmm, I agree with you to an extent. I mean, a lot of people didn't really care about LGBT issues or bullying until she spoke about them in 'Born This Way', so I see why she thinks that she's quite an influential performer, and rightly so. Personally, I can't even place my finger on why this album is flopping. All the parts are there, but it seems like the public just isn't here for the combined whole.

Either way, I wish people would give her a break and stop spewing their hatred all over the place. Hopefully ARTPOP: Act 2 and this new Britney single will win some people back over and people will be here for her again. ;)

Hmm, I agree with you to an extent. I mean, a lot of people didn't really care about LGBT issues or bullying until she spoke about them in 'Born This Way', so I see why she thinks that she's quite an influential performer, and rightly so. Personally, I can't even place my finger on why this album is flopping. All the parts are there, but it seems like the public just isn't here for the combined whole.

Either way, I wish people would give her a break and stop spewing their hatred all over the place. Hopefully ARTPOP: Act 2 and this new Britney single will win some people back over and people will be here for her again. ;)

She may have been outspoken about gay rights and bullying, but she's not the first to do so. The amount of people who are backing up those two issues is way higher than those backing up Jeff Koons in mainstream knowledge.

Although, I agree - ARTPOP is a pretty decent album I'd say. Every track brings something new and it's definitely music-forward. People are probably just tired of her gimmicks. :/

She may have been outspoken about gay rights and bullying, but she's not the first to do so. The amount of people who are backing up those two issues is way higher than those backing up Jeff Koons in mainstream knowledge.

Although, I agree - ARTPOP is a pretty decent album I'd say. Every track brings something new and it's definitely music-forward. People are probably just tired of her gimmicks. :/

Of course! She was pretty much the first celebrity to be so strongly gay rights and anti-bullying though. People obviously referenced it before her, but she really went the extra step to mention it in every single interview, relate every song and music video to it, etc.

Yeahh, I kind of agree...it's weird though because 'Fame' (the perfume) did super well and broke a million records, but people just aren't here for the music? That's why I think it's probably less about the actual product and more about how it's presented. Either promo or marketting or image or whatever it is.