Dua Lipa speaks out against speculations about her Qatar performance.

808Dream

Dua Lipa pissed with rumors reporting she was going to perform at the opening cerimony of the 22 WC in Qatar. 

After denying her involvement on Instagram some days ago, this is what she told to Variety:

'They (Qatar) made pledges on human rights when they signed the deal for the World Cup that have not been satisfactorily met on migrant workers’ rights, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights and freedom of expression – what kind of message does it send if these pledges mean nothing?
I didn’t like being amongst speculation that I was going to perform for something that really goes against my beliefs”

I truly love she's sticking her neck out about this, truly love her firm attitude towards these issues.

I hate when artists act all politely correct for fear of losing support (money). 

Dua's truly doing a great job both on and off stage. 

Edited by 808Dream
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

Good for her! Rod Stewart made a similar statement about the whole thing.

It's a shame that the football association wasn't as strong and forward thinking. When it became clear that Qatar had failed to meet their pledges, FIFA should have immediately pulled out. 

Totally agree