NO new music from Rihanna in the foreseeable future

808Dream

Make up guru Rihanna doesn't feel like going back to work, no way, forget it. 

Recording a 3 minutes pling plong floppy lullaby thing was the only effort she did in a recording studio in 6 years, and apart from that there's no need or will from her to go back to work. 

Superbowl? How dare you fans even think that's something related to music? Just a nice party with a lot of Umbrella ella ella ella ella (and big money), that's it. 

Understood you stoopid* fans? 

*this is the way she supposedly considers her fans, at least it's what you get from the tone she uses in the video down below you need to watch for a better comprehension. 

Ps: 'we'll see, unrelated, special project, well see' stands for expect moisturizing cream chatters for 6 more years though.

Edited by 808Dream

6 hours ago, 808Dream said:

Make up guru Rihanna doesn't feel like going back to work, no way, forget it. 

Recording a 3 minutes pling plong floppy lullaby thing was the only effort she did in a recording studio in 6 years, and apart from that there's no need or will from her to go back to work. 

Superbowl? How dare you fans even think that's something related to music? Just a nice party with a lot of Umbrella ella ella ella ella (and big money), that's it. 

Understood you stoopid* fans? 

*this is the way she supposedly considers her fans, at least it's what you get from the tone she uses in the video down below you need to watch for a better comprehension. 

Ps: 'we'll see, unrelated, special project, well see' stands for expect moisturizing cream chatters for 6 more years though.

So she has music coming out but it won't be performed at the Super Bowl? Is that what she's trying to say?

I'm so confused about the direction she's going with her career...I guess it's just easier to make money from selling makeup than it is from touring these days. I just wish she would officially retire from music rather than doing this half in half out thing

27 minutes ago, Leaving said:

So she has music coming out but it won't be performed at the Super Bowl? Is that what she's trying to say?

She's clearly lying.

The truth is in what she says at the beginning when she says 'oh my God my fans will think I have new music coming, I've gotta go back to work' 

She hasn't moved a finger (except for putting some nail polish on it) since her last album, she's dead bored at the only thought of starting to record again. 

I start thinking that also that Lift Me Up thing is a reworked scrap from her back catalogue. 

Katy Perry Just Eating full time, Rihanna turned makeup youtuber... What a downfall... You're damn right, they should just retire. 

Oh god I hope she releases new music. I literally feel like music has been SO dry in the last 5 years for big hits. Of course I can always find new indie playlists on spotify but… I like feeling like new singles are having moments. Besides Beyoncé and Taylor Swift no ones made noise this year, and with the absence of projects from Selena, Miley, Ariana, Katy, Gaga. It allowed Dove Cameron and Sabrina Carpenter to finally sneak out some (kind of) big hits after 7 years each of them being on disney and their previous releases charting at #139. Sofia Carson’s movie songs even got a huge amount of streams! sadly… Olivia Holt received no love, and got dropped from Hollywood Records and her album was shelved. Next was advertised as the lead single from it but it failed pretty bad. It’s still her current top 5 listened to song for this month on spotify but I guess that’s not enough for that record label, which will hopefully declare bankruptcy soon.

I just hope Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, and Dua Lipa can maintain some success in their next project. Billie and Dua honestly got lucky with Happier Than Ever, Don’t Start Now and Levitating, the rest of the singles did so bad. Camila Cabello also only maintained one hit in each of her last two albums, and I feel like she won’t be big anytime soon. And people fail to realize that the song Fair by Normani doing so terrible on the charts means her album will probably be similar, she’ll have to make a TRUE SMASH honestly. And Meghan Trainors new song already has 35 million streams just on spotify but it charted at 63? (charts are so weird). Also, I wonder if we’ll see any unknowns blow up so fast like Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion did, or did they take up all the rap/hiphop spotlight and it would just feel like any women who come out in that genre singing songs like “Savage” and “Woman” are copies. I don’t know to be honest.

Edited by thetaco

5 hours ago, lalisa said:

What happened to her song Born Again that was allegedly coming out as a B-side of Lift Me Up? 

I was thinking the same, but if Lift Me, Up was picked as the good one to deserve a single treatment just imagine how dreadful the other one must be. 

Maybe they scrapped it for a good reason. 

• 1 year later...