Putin

808Dream

What are Russians waiting for to kick him out? 😭

Can't they just understand that he's dragging the whole world towards a global war? 

I just watched his speech on TV and I got chills down my spine... 

The whole cerimony looked like one of those tacky parades Hitler used to put up to celebrate his power, it was all so unnecessarily eccessive, tacky and crazy. 

I know it was just a power brag, like when insecure guys drive around with big expensive cars, but he spoke like Hitler, can't they just understand? Russians truly need to have the guts to kick him out NOW before it's too late, that's the only hope to avoid the worst. 

They might only have news controlled by Putin, but don't they just have the damn internet on their phones with a VPN possibly? Don't they just read? Don't they just see? 

It's pretty awkward to see nobody touching this subject on any forum I'm part of, it's like there's no Ukraine conflict, and it's crazy when it's changing the lives prospective of all of us. 

Edited by 808Dream
  • Like 1
  • Pissed 1

I think we're really coming to a breaking point when it comes to Russia right now. Ukraine is undoubtedly winning the war, and instead of backing down Putin has decided to double down by sending millions of men into war who have no interest, and many of whom are fleeing Russia for their own lives. Either people will decide that enough is enough and figure out a way to get rid of Putin (god only knows how) or this really will devolve into World War 3. I really hope it's the former and Russia is able to finally join the rest of the world in the 21st century where democracy is a respected concept and human life is valued

• Like 2

I'm afraid you're right. 

All those men who are fleeing Russia are our only hope things might change, if they all open their eyes maybe they'll start to find a way to get rid of a bloody dictator who's dragging their country and the whole world to catastrophe. 

The people of Russia need to wake up quick from this nightmare and save their country from this bleached version of Hitler. 

I heard a Russian teacher who left Russia right before the war started speaking on TV the other day. 

She move to Italy since she feared for her life because of her anti Putin activity, and when asked whether her compatriots would take a stand and finally see what he's doing to their country she was pretty pessimistic, she said Russians aren't keen on thinking too much, hinting they're no smart people. 

Hope she's wrong, Russians did great things in the past and they have to wake up, this is being going on for too long. 

Let me add that China, obviously annoyed by the latest moves of Russia, but remaining silent to preserve their economic agreements is pretty deceiving. 

• Pissed 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/1/2022 at 10:52 PM, 808Dream said:

I'm afraid you're right. 

All those men who are fleeing Russia are our only hope things might change, if they all open their eyes maybe they'll start to find a way to get rid of a bloody dictator who's dragging their country and the whole world to catastrophe. 

The people of Russia need to wake up quick from this nightmare and save their country from this bleached version of Hitler. 

I heard a Russian teacher who left Russia right before the war started speaking on TV the other day. 

She move to Italy since she feared for her life because of her anti Putin activity, and when asked whether her compatriots would take a stand and finally see what he's doing to their country she was pretty pessimistic, she said Russians aren't keen on thinking too much, hinting they're no smart people. 

Hope she's wrong, Russians did great things in the past and they have to wake up, this is being going on for too long. 

Let me add that China, obviously annoyed by the latest moves of Russia, but remaining silent to preserve their economic agreements is pretty deceiving. 

It's hard to say isn't it? I also read something a few weeks ago that said that most Russian people were in support of Putin, but I think it will be a different situation if and when those same people or the people they love are actually sent into war. I know there's a lot of people in the Russian government who are pissed off with Putin for all the sanctions as well, so maybe they'll apply some pressure and keep him in line.

China is a whole other thing to worry about. The fact that China, Russia and even India (with the biggest population on earth!) and all those other random African countries are in cahoots is pretty scary. It's sad that these leaders still haven't figured out that war won't solve anything and the pros are never worth the cons.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

It's hard to say isn't it? I also read something a few weeks ago that said that most Russian people were in support of Putin, but I think it will be a different situation if and when those same people or the people they love are actually sent into war. I know there's a lot of people in the Russian government who are pissed off with Putin for all the sanctions as well, so maybe they'll apply some pressure and keep him in line.

China is a whole other thing to worry about. The fact that China, Russia and even India (with the biggest population on earth!) and all those other random African countries are in cahoots is pretty scary. It's sad that these leaders still haven't figured out that war won't solve anything and the pros are never worth the cons.

I read it too, it seems his attorneys are pretty pissed, but they can fake it good, they all looked pretty devoted and proud during that tacky cerimony the other day.

Hope someone will kick him out. 

He's also turning into some kind of Jocelyn Wildenstein.

A man who's in charge of a whole nation obsessed with the way he looks is no good at all. 

Jook look at Berlusconi and the mess he did to his face and the disaster he did when he was pm... 

Still he's back in the government now, italians never learn from their mistakes, this is so f depressing. 

• Pissed 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 8:46 AM, 808Dream said:

What are Russians waiting for to kick him out? 😭

Hello from Russia

Need to say that most people are really support the whole situation. All the central Russian channels are constantly broadcasting about how lucky we all were to be born and live in Russia and that Europe and the USA have gone crazy. Of the younger generation, not many support Putin.

From the older generation, too, not everyone supports. But over the past 8 years, all state-owned TV channels have had a bunch of TV programs about Ukraine and attitudes towards it in general. During covid they became much more. So, the older generation, even those who do not support Putin, supports everything he does. (Sorry for not calling a spade a spade, but I really have a fear that they might put me in jail for everything I write here).

The opposition to our government considered all elections illegitimate. But after February 24, everyone's eyes were opened that the propaganda of recent years had done its job. It is worth saying that the government agenda was hostile to Ukraine even 15 years ago. Everything stretches from the 90s when Ukraine refused to be friendly like Belarus.

Crimea was annexed in 2014 for the sake of military seaports. And in general, the geographical location of Ukraine is beneficial for Russia, which is why Putin wants to annex as much land as possible from there.

As for me, remove Putin now, there will be few changes, because most people support his ideology.

Also, with all due respect to Navalny, when he was not allowed to participate in the presidential elections in 2018, he asked his audience to ignore the elections. Although there were ridiculous candidates, but perhaps something could change. By the way, Putin was not at any debate then.

Sometimes I think, maybe it was worth listening to Putin at the very beginning of his presidency and including Russia in Europe. (And he was very supportive of the European point of view, not like now). Perhaps what is happening now would not have happened.

• Pissed 1

2 hours ago, lovedante said:

Hello from Russia

Need to say that most people are really support the whole situation. All the central Russian channels are constantly broadcasting about how lucky we all were to be born and live in Russia and that Europe and the USA have gone crazy. Of the younger generation, not many support Putin.

From the older generation, too, not everyone supports. But over the past 8 years, all state-owned TV channels have had a bunch of TV programs about Ukraine and attitudes towards it in general. During covid they became much more. So, the older generation, even those who do not support Putin, supports everything he does. (Sorry for not calling a spade a spade, but I really have a fear that they might put me in jail for everything I write here).

The opposition to our government considered all elections illegitimate. But after February 24, everyone's eyes were opened that the propaganda of recent years had done its job. It is worth saying that the government agenda was hostile to Ukraine even 15 years ago. Everything stretches from the 90s when Ukraine refused to be friendly like Belarus.

Crimea was annexed in 2014 for the sake of military seaports. And in general, the geographical location of Ukraine is beneficial for Russia, which is why Putin wants to annex as much land as possible from there.

As for me, remove Putin now, there will be few changes, because most people support his ideology.

Also, with all due respect to Navalny, when he was not allowed to participate in the presidential elections in 2018, he asked his audience to ignore the elections. Although there were ridiculous candidates, but perhaps something could change. By the way, Putin was not at any debate then.

Sometimes I think, maybe it was worth listening to Putin at the very beginning of his presidency and including Russia in Europe. (And he was very supportive of the European point of view, not like now). Perhaps what is happening now would not have happened.

hey

It's very interesting to read it from a RU perspective so thanks for writing this.

whatever reasons are pushing him to attack countries at the RU borders it's just crazy and criminal, i'm sure you Russian people deserve much better and you nedd to get rid of this dictator.

There are super good reporters and journalists, free journalists, completely free professionals who are risking their own life in order to bring up the truth of what's going on in UKR and my advice is to follow these journalists who will give you the real idea of what is going on in there, i have lots of links to reportages and pics of kids and elder people shot in the head with their hands tied but i won't link them here but you Russian people need to see that to react and kick that raving lunatic away.

No geographical location can justify a genocide.

Please react, we're begging you, he's the real nazi, acting like nazi and killing people, sending young russians to die and to kill their ukranian brothers, don't let him shame you and your nation this way.

• Like 2
  • Pissed 1

56 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

hey

It's very interesting to read it from a RU perspective so thanks for writing this.

whatever reasons are pushing him to attack countries at the RU borders it's just crazy and criminal, i'm sure you Russian people deserve much better and you nedd to get rid of this dictator.

There are super good reporters and journalists, free journalists, completely free professionals who are risking their own life in order to bring up the truth of what's going on in UKR and my advice is to follow these journalists who will give you the real idea of what is going on in there, i have lots of links to reportages and pics of kids and elder people shot in the head with their hands tied but i won't link them here but you Russian people need to see that to react and kick that raving lunatic away.

No geographical location can justify a genocide.

Please react, we're begging you, he's the real nazi, acting like nazi and killing people, sending young russians to die and to kill their ukranian brothers, don't let him shame you and your nation this way.

Thanks for support. And I agree with all.

We (who understood all) mainly receive information from telegram channels that are not related to the Kremlin (officially, this is the only source of truthful information that is not blocked). But sadly, people who have been subjected to harsh propaganda do not want to accept any information. Within the framework of this whole situation, we have the concept of fake. Anything that doesn't line up with the Kremlin's news agenda is officially fake. All this is discussed on TV and some dubious "evidence" is given. It seems to me (most likely it is) that the older generation does not want to perceive reality, so as not to be disappointed in it, not to be disappointed in what they believed. The whole horror does not reach people until it touches them personally. Some opened their eyes when the (partial) mobilization began. But some people found an excuse for this.

Unfortunately, because of fear, I have to choose my words so that my position is clear, and also so as not to end up in prison (and this is quite real, because I can fall under an article about fakes or they will attribute something else, we have even for the reposts of memes, criminal cases were started. dont think that there they find me, but i cant fight this fear).

I also want to note that the most liberal community is Moscow. The farther from Moscow, the worse things are with the understanding of what is really happening.

Edited by lovedante
  • Like 1
  • Pissed 1

2 hours ago, lovedante said:

We (who understood all) mainly receive information from telegram channels that are not related to the Kremlin (officially, this is the only source of truthful information that is not blocked). But sadly, people who have been subjected to harsh propaganda do not want to accept any information. Within the framework of this whole situation, we have the concept of fake. Anything that doesn't line up with the Kremlin's news agenda is officially fake. All this is discussed on TV and some dubious "evidence" is given. It seems to me (most likely it is) that the older generation does not want to perceive reality, so as not to be disappointed in it, not to be disappointed in what they believed. The whole horror does not reach people until it touches them personally. Some opened their eyes when the (partial) mobilization began. But some people found an excuse for this.

Unfortunately, because of fear, I have to choose my words so that my position is clear, and also so as not to end up in prison (and this is quite real, because I can fall under an article about fakes or they will attribute something else, we have even for the reposts of memes, criminal cases were started. dont think that there they find me, but i cant fight this fear).

I also want to note that the most liberal community is Moscow. The farther from Moscow, the worse things are with the understanding of what is really happening.

Thanks a lot for writing this, it's all very enlightening and brave, it must be truly difficult and awful for a person like you. 

I hope the Russian people will get rid of this awful dictatorshit, they really deserve better. 

Sometimes I think about Romanian people and how brave they were, those videos of the people screaming under Ceausescu's palace are so powerful, seeing him running away like a rabbit, you get the whole power of the people and you truly feel the amazing desire of freedom coming from down under. 

I hope something like that will happen in Russia soon. 

Edited by 808Dream
poor english
  • Like 1
  • Pissed 1

On 10/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, lovedante said:

Honestly, you're very brave for even writing this and it's so interesting to hear what you have to say. I'm sure even though we can all agree the war is horrible there's a lot of nuance as to why it's happened that we probably don't even get told in the west, so it's interesting to hear it from a Russian perspective. I'm glad your safe and don't seem to have been conscripted. :(

Have the western sanctions on Russia done anything at all to people on a day to day basis? Or is it pretty much just business as usual outside of not eating McDonalds?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Leaving said:

Honestly, you're very brave for even writing this and it's so interesting to hear what you have to say. I'm sure even though we can all agree the war is horrible there's a lot of nuance as to why it's happened that we probably don't even get told in the west, so it's interesting to hear it from a Russian perspective. I'm glad your safe and don't seem to have been conscripted. :(

Hi) Thanks for support)

10 hours ago, Leaving said:

Have the western sanctions on Russia done anything at all to people on a day to day basis? Or is it pretty much just business as usual outside of not eating McDonalds?

If we talk about foreign companies, then someone leaves, someone returns, and someone plans to sell their rights to sell to subsidiaries from friendly countries to continue working in Russia, but under other names.
McDonald's, for example, sold the company to a Russian entrepreneur practically for nothing and under a contract under which McDonald's could return back within 15 years. Now McDonald's is called Tasty and that's it. So did Starbucks. Pepsi seems to be gone, at least there is no information yet. But a good analogue appeared - CoolCola. Coca Cola transferred the rights, sort of temporarily, to another company. There are many such examples.

In general, the situation was terrible at the very beginning, when there was complete uncertainty, and production in many areas simply stopped. Some components simply ceased to be delivered to Russia, and some simply do not understand how to import. Now the situation has become a little better, some processes have been reorganized. In the summer, those who were left without work went voluntarily ... well, you know where. They promised large payments, but I know that many were not paid even a tenth.

I also note that the cost of food has increased. Not critical, but noticeable.

Also, due to the departure of parallel import companies, it is allowed to import household appliances, various gadgets, and so on. Now indeed these goods can be purchased cheaper than it was before February 24th.

I can’t say that everyone’s life collapsed at once. Sanctions have their power, destruction is a gradual process, although there are a lot of workarounds to solve this or that problem. Although I perfectly understand that if all this continues, it will only get worse.

It has become much worse with freedom of speech, with freedom in general. We simply cannot call a spade a spade. Criticism of the authorities is also impossible. Rallies and protests that are not agreed with the authorities are also illegal, and can only be legal if the current government is supported. The media must also lead the state agenda, otherwise they will assign a foreign agent, it is also not safe for people working there to be in the country. Of course, there are also media and journalists who very carefully talk about what is happening, trying to convey the correct information with hints. Also, the law on LGBT, its effect was related to the fact that you can’t talk about it with children, discuss it in public if there are minors, etc. Already within a month, a law is being planned to ban LGBT propaganda among adults.

In general, the feeling that the USSR is returning.

• Pissed 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/21/2022 at 12:53 AM, lovedante said:

The law on LGBT, its effect was related to the fact that you can’t talk about it with children, discuss it in public if there are minors, etc. Already within a month, a law is being planned to ban LGBT propaganda among adults.

Guess Freud would have something to say about his incomprehensible obsession against gay people. 

This is a super interesting read, it's actually more comprehensible than reading elsewhere.

thanks a lot for sharing. 

• Like 2
  • Pissed 1