Madonna Partners With Warner Music for Career-Spanning Reissue Campaign

Madonnalandscape.jpg

On Madonna’s 63rd birthday Monday, the singer has announced a new partnership with Warner Music Group that will see her entire catalog reissued over the next few years.

The campaign begins in 2022, which marks the 40th anniversary of a recording career that began with Madonna’s 1982 single “Everybody.” Madonna will “personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums,” WMG said of the reissue campaign, adding that the singer will also “introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.”

Madonna spent the first 25 years of her career at Warner and its subsidiaries — Sire, her own Maverick, and finally Warner Bros. Records — from her 1983 self-titled debut to 2015’s Hard Candy. She left the label in 2007 to sign her 360 deal with Live Nation. As part of the new partnership, the three albums that Madonna released during her Interscope tenure — MDNA, Rebel Heart, and 2019’s Madame X — will join the Warner catalog in 2025. 

x

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, Ruthless Love said:

Madonnalandscape.jpg

x

This is so good, I'm glad she's back with Warner, she's released her best albums with them. 

I have great expectations on those reissues, I truly hope they'll include unreleased stuff like all those demos that went to other singers, like Possessive Love, Tell Me, Each Time You Break My Heart and Just A dream, I'd die for that. 

7 hours ago, 808Dream said:

This is so good, I'm glad she's back with Warner, she's released her best albums with them. 

I have great expectations on those reissues, I truly hope they'll include unreleased stuff like all those demos that went to other singers, like Possessive Love, Tell Me, Each Time You Break My Heart and Just A dream, I'd die for that. 

One can only hope we get those things. And I'm hoping she might kick Warner in their pants and demand they actually REMASTER her videos, instead of upscaling.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

24 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

I would truly love to see some of her unreleased songs being added as bonus tracks! But I wonder what will we have in the end.

Only time will tell. We'll have to wait for the end of the year or early 2022 to finally find out. I know remix EPs have been getting placed on streaming this past year, so that gives me hope something big could come of this.

• Like 1