Grammy-Nominated Rapper Nipsey Hussle Shot Dead in L.A.

shutterstock_9881661ga.jpg?crop=900:600&

Nipsey Hussle, the Los Angeles rapper who earned a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Album earlier this year, was shot and killed in L.A. on Sunday, according to NBC, citing multiple law enforcement sources. He was 33.

Hussle, whose real name is Ermias Asghedom, was one of three people shot outside of a clothing store he owned, NBC reports. Mike Lopez of the Los Angeles Police Department told NBC that the shooting occurred at approximately 3:20 p.m. in the 3400 block of Slauson Avenue. TMZ reportsthat one man fled the crime scene in a car. The other two victims are in serious condition, according to NBC.

I don't think I've ever heard a song from this guy in my life. But given that he was a member of a gang, I don't feel particularly sad about him dying. :cackle: RIP I guess?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

shutterstock_9881661ga.jpg?crop=900:600&

I don't think I've ever heard a song from this guy in my life. But given that he was a member of a gang, I don't feel particularly sad about him dying. :cackle: RIP I guess?

I was thinking the same exact thing.  Get out of my head.  And stop stealing my thoughts. 

Honestly, I have never heard of him.  Sorry for his families grief.  They are the ones that will now have to live with his death.   However, if you live the life of a gangster, then this is a very real possibility.   Just sayin'. 

"You Can Take the Boy Out of the Hood".   "But You Can't Take the Hood Out of the Boy".

On 4/2/2019 at 8:26 AM, Whoknowsmehere said:

I was thinking the same exact thing.  Get out of my head.  And stop stealing my thoughts. 

Honestly, I have never heard of him.  Sorry for his families grief.  They are the ones that will now have to live with his death.   However, if you live the life of a gangster, then this is a very real possibility.   Just sayin'. 

"You Can Take the Boy Out of the Hood".   "But You Can't Take the Hood Out of the Boy".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. :awkwardney: It sounds harsh but I really think there's more people to be worried about in the world, many of whom haven't joined a gang...

• Like 1