Roseanne Cancelled After Star's Racist Tweets

sub-buzz-23185-1527616752-2.jpg?downsize

ABC on Tuesday made the decision to cancel its Roseanne revival after the star's racist tweet comparing former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett to an ape.

ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey called Barr's comment "abhorrent, repugnant, and inconsistent with our values." "We have decided to cancel her show," said Dungey.

In a tweet posted on Tuesday morning, Barr said the black senior adviser to President Obama was the "baby" of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood political party and Planet of the Apes. The tweet came in response to a conspiracy-laden thread alleging Jarrett had helped cover up CIA spying. After her racist remark drew criticism on Twitter, Barr defended her statement.

"It's a joke," she wrote in response to a CNN reporter.

"Muslims r NOT a race," she said in response to another user.

She later tweeted an apology to Jarrett. "I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste," she wrote.

Disney's chair Bob Iger backed up Dungey's decision, adding to the statement, "There was only one thing to do here, and that was the right thing."

I've never watched a full episode of Roseanne so I can't say I'm upset, but I'm surprised they're throwing away one of the biggest hits of 2018. A part of me feels like the show should have continued and addressed some of the controversy instead of just having the plug pulled, but what can you do?

I used to watch Roseanne when I was little. It's such a shame she turned out to be such a bad person. It made me hate the show. Now I can't watch it anymore without thinking how ugly her personality is. 

They should just do a spin-off at this point in which Roseanne's character is dead and the plot would revolve around her grown-up kids.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:07 AM, Tweener said:

I used to watch Roseanne when I was little. It's such a shame she turned out to be such a bad person. It made me hate the show. Now I can't watch it anymore without thinking how ugly her personality is. 

They should just do a spin-off at this point in which Roseanne's character is dead and the plot would revolve around her grown-up kids.

Does she really have an ugly personality tho, or is it just her mental illness talking like it was with Kanye? :orly: Maybe it's a cop out but it seems crazy to me that she was once so liberal and has now become such a disgusting Trump supporter. I can't see how that could ever happen naturally.

• LMAO 1