Swedish dance DJ Avicii dies at 28

On 4/23/2018 at 7:48 PM, Reflecting said:

On 4/25/2018 at 2:53 AM, Countess said:

I did enjoy some of his music, especially his first album and his production with Madonna (as well as his non-consensual production with Leona :cackle:). But I never knew much about him as a person so I can't say I'm too upset about his passing. My thoughts go out to his fans and friends tho!

Honestly, I have never heard any of his music that I can recall.  And I know next to nothing about him as I never followed him in any way, shape or form.  Apparently he committed suicide as it is being reported that his family has released a statement attesting to this.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6151372/avicii-suicide-superstar-dj-killed-himself-family-confirm-as-they-say-he-wanted-to-find-balance

9 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

Honestly, I have never heard any of his music that I can recall.  And I know next to nothing about him as I never followed him in any way, shape or form.  Apparently he committed suicide as it is being reported that his family has released a statement attesting to this.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6151372/avicii-suicide-superstar-dj-killed-himself-family-confirm-as-they-say-he-wanted-to-find-balance

I kind of expected it might have been suicide when the family was so hush hush in their statement, so I'm not really surprised but still a little sad to hear this. It's crazy how someone who's so successful and privileged in their life can still struggle with depression. :( 

Naturally TMZ has come through with some pretty graphic details about he died...

Spoiler

Avicii committed suicide with broken glass he used to cut himself ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources familiar with the circumstances surrounding the famous DJ's death tell us, he did indeed take his own life ... something his parents alluded to last week.

Our sources say the method of death was a shard of glass that caused massive bleeding. Two sources tell us Avicii broke a bottle and used the glass to inflict the fatal wound. One of the sources says it was a wine bottle. 

Two sources tell us the point of injury was Avicii's neck but another strongly denies that, saying it was his wrist. We cannot confirm this, but the sources were privy to specific information about Avicii's death.

This is pretty upsetting tbh, I can't imagine what kind of mental state you'd have to be in to do something like this.