New Pokémon Movie Erases Misty and Brock; Makes Pikachu Speak English

Main Pop Girl

Idk if y'all have seen this on social media already, but Nintendo released a new Pokémon movie for the series' twentieth anniversary called Pokémon: I Choose You! The movie is a retelling of the first few episodes of the anime but with some huge differences.

Naturally all of the original voice actors have already been fired, so we're already missing them: but they also decided to have Pikachu speak a few lines in English which is just fuuucked. Not only is the whole concept stupid, but the voice they chose was so bad and it made me so uncomfortable. :shocked: Even worse, Misty and Brock have been erased from the series and replaced with these two fucking annoying kids who no one cares about. :vacuum:

I hate this whole concept and how much they're shitting on the series original fans! I know y'all have to be pissed off with me about this! :tanya: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 8:20 AM, Celebration09 said:

Dont approve of erasing Misty and Brock imo the series just wasnt the same once they left along with the voice actors. Veronica Taylor please come back. 

I completely agree with you! :fishie: That's when I stopped watching the series tbh, the new voice actor for Ash was just sooo irritating to me... :vacuum: And all for a budget cut!

On 11/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, Joe said:

I saw it when it played in theaters here. I loved it so much. I cried like crazy. However, i think it should be looked at as a different universe. The Pokémon games have multiple universes and follow odd timelines.

Aren't all the games meant to be linear? :orly: Apart from the different versions I guess which can be seen as different universes. I wouldn't mind if they'd rebooted the whole series or done a "what if" kind of situation, but I hate how Misty and Brock both appeared in the final scene but were erased from the origin story.

4 hours ago, Countess said:

I completely agree with you! :fishie: That's when I stopped watching the series tbh, the new voice actor for Ash was just sooo irritating to me... :vacuum: And all for a budget cut!

Aren't all the games meant to be linear? :orly: Apart from the different versions I guess which can be seen as different universes. I wouldn't mind if they'd rebooted the whole series or done a "what if" kind of situation, but I hate how Misty and Brock both appeared in the final scene but were erased from the origin story.

F budget cuts Veronica Taylor will always be the best Ash Ketchum Voice

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, Celebration09 said:

F budget cuts Veronica Taylor will always be the best Ash Ketchum Voice

I'm with you all the way sister!

On 26/12/2017 at 8:42 AM, Gaga.For.Gaga said:

I enjoyed this and the animation was great just the story didn't seem as epic as the original 3 films 

Right? :hail: That death scene in the first ever film was absolutely heartbreaking! And the one with Entei was surprisingly moving as well. They need to get those scriptwriters back!

• 4 weeks later...