Scarlett Johansonn Releases First Single 'Candy' With Girl Group The Singles

Main Pop Girl

1c11c85c.jpg

On occassion, actress Scarlett Johansson has dabbled in the music world, putting out albums like 2009's Pete Yorn collaboration Break Up and the 2008 Tom Waits tribute Anywhere I Lay My Head. Now she is going "super-pop"—her words—with a girl group called the Singles that also features Este Haim of Haim, Holly Miranda, Kendra Morris, and Julia Haltigan. Listen to first single "Candy", above, via Rolling Stone.

"Candy" was produced by TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek, who has worked with Johansson in the past. He also designed the artwork (above), and is putting out the single on his Federal Prism label.

"The idea was to write super-pop dance music written and performed by girls," Johansson said in a press release. "I love Grimes. And I love the Bangles. And I love the Go-Go's. I wanted it to be like those bands: ultra pop but also a little ironic, a little in on the joke."

Listen here!

Not Queen ScarJo returning to slay us all with a brand new hit single! :hail: If you haven't heard any of her previous songs, check out the flawless 'Relator' below and prepare to stan. :rockon:

cA_1vBT5E6s

i always felt like she just wasnt gettign the right source material to showcase her voice but this fits her so well i wonder what naem theyll choose now that theres the whole issue of taking some bands name thats already been around forever though no ones heard of them..... 

i always felt like she just wasnt gettign the right source material to showcase her voice but this fits her so well i wonder what naem theyll choose now that theres the whole issue of taking some bands name thats already been around forever though no ones heard of them.....

I'm just looking forward to their first greatest hits album...they can call it The Singles by The Singles. :hail: