The Casual Vacancy

Main Pop Girl

O_Myt40YHiU

J.K. Rowling’s miniseries “The Casual Vacancy” will air this spring, HBO confirmed Wednesday.

The three-part television adaptation of Rowling’s novel will debut on HBO April 29 with two parts back-to-back, followed by part three on April 30.

The miniseries centers on the seemingly idyllic English village of Pagford, which is rocked by conflict between the rich vs. poor, teens vs. parents, wives vs. husbands and teachers vs. pupils. The project stars “Harry Potter” actor Michael Gambon, Keeley Hawes, Rory Kinnear, Monica Dolan, Julia McKenzie and Abigail Lawrie.

“The Casual Vacancy,” based on Rowling’s 2012 book, is exec produced by Neil Blair, Paul Trijbits and Rick Senat, directed by Jonny Campbell, adapted by Sarah Phelps and produced by Ruth Kenley-Letts. The Bronte Film and Television Production is presented by HBO in association with BBC.

“The Casual Vacancy” premieres on BBC One Feb. 15.

So excited to watch this tbh! :excited: I really did like the book (although it took a while to get into) but I think it will translate to a TV mini-series even better. :hail:

• 2 weeks later...

after reading this book i was unbothered one way or the other jsut wasnt a great read only interesting bit happens last 3 chapters sooo i wont be watching

I agree tbh, although for me I feel like the payoff right at the end was totally worth the rest of the book! Like, it's the only book I've read where...

...a character's suicide actually felt natural and obvious as opposed to melodramatic and silly. It took a super long time to get there but for me, once I'd finished the book, I was glad I read it!