2023 Grammys

14 hours ago, napoleon said:

Other than Anitta losing, the greatest moment of the ceremony was definitely Kim Petras' speech. It was very emotional. I understand she has made problematic comments about Kesha and Dr Luke, which I hope one day she apologizes to Kesha for, but I was still so happy for her. And Sam letting her give the speech. It was so beautiful. Also happy for Lizzo winning something.

As for Beyoncé, the last album I truly enjoyed from her was Sasha Fierce, but it's hard to deny she deserved at least one Album of the Year award for any of the albums she released since, considering how revered they all were. They all seem to have made more of a cultural impact than the ones that won.

I teared up when I heard her mention Sophie <3 I wonder if Sophie ever thought she'd be accepted in pop music, let alone brought up in a Grammys speech! 

I do actually agree with you on Beyonce, but I'm just not convinced she deserves to be the most awarded musician of all time at the Grammys. Not when people like MJ, Madonna or Britney exist.

9 hours ago, Leaving said:

I teared up when I heard her mention Sophie <3 I wonder if Sophie ever thought she'd be accepted in pop music, let alone brought up in a Grammys speech! 

I do actually agree with you on Beyonce, but I'm just not convinced she deserves to be the most awarded musician of all time at the Grammys. Not when people like MJ, Madonna or Britney exist.

She doesn't. Sorry, but she does not. And I'm adding Janet Jackson to your list of people who should be included on the more-deserving of the most-awarded. And the BeyHive's reaction to her not winning AOTY is disgraceful. She walked away as the most-awarded musician and they wanted more. Is Renaissance her best effort since the self-titled? Sure. But that is hardly a reason to award her. 

14 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

She doesn't. Sorry, but she does not. And I'm adding Janet Jackson to your list of people who should be included on the more-deserving of the most-awarded. And the BeyHive's reaction to her not winning AOTY is disgraceful. She walked away as the most-awarded musician and they wanted more. Is Renaissance her best effort since the self-titled? Sure. But that is hardly a reason to award her. 

If they started giving out awards for music videos or choreography back in the 80s, both Janet and Britney would be much higher up on the list imo :hail: 

9 hours ago, Leaving said:

If they started giving out awards for music videos or choreography back in the 80s, both Janet and Britney would be much higher up on the list imo :hail: 

Yes they fucking would, and if CBS hadn't blacklisted Janet after something she had no control over, she'd be winning to this day. But... alas, we get Madonna Wildenstein, instead.

• Sad 1