Bridgit Mendler - Second Album info panel

thetaco

Here is a post about Bridgit Mendler’s unreleased second studio album that has been in progress since 2013 in several different stages.

“In October 2013, Hollywood Records, Bridgit's former label, hired composers to help compose the album including Mitch Allan, Dan Book, Alexei Misoul, Augie Ray, Beloryze, TMS, Ina Wroldsen and Steve Mac. In an interview with Clevver News, Bridgit said she had been inspired by Nelly Furtado's first album, "I'm Like a Bird" among others. Bridgit had a lot of songs prepared for the album, including "Dedication", "Echo", "Deeper Shade of Us", "My Way", "Mystified", and others. In an interview with PAPER Magazine, Bridgit revealed that an album track might be called "Rome".

On a date I couldn’t find specified Bridgit mentioned the original tracks she started making had been scrapped due to her wanting to change the sound, and she apparently said 'Something was nagging at me to change the way the record sounds'. In April 2015, Bridgit posted a video of her at her computer and mentioned her computer fully crashed taking all of the song lyrics and some recordings she had for the second album and Bridgit had to re-write all of the songs. On July 2, 2015 fans noticed that Bridgit didn’t seem to appear on the Hollywood Records artists page anymore. On November 18, 2016, Bridgit, through the Black Box record label, released her extended play, Nemesis, as a small sample of what the second album would be with the singles "Atlantis" and "Do You Miss Me at All", and the tracks “Library” and “Snap Your Fingers”. The fans praised Bridgit's new style and she later revealed that she was making her second studio album. On the 21st of the same month, Bridgit posted on twitter 2 photos to her computer with lyrics of one or two songs. On November 21, 2016, Bridgit uploaded two photos to twitter with the lyrics of a possible song. Throughout 2017 she released the singles Temperamental Love, Can’t Bring This Down, and Diving.

Bridgit Mendler teased a song on April 18, 2021 but never released it. On November 17, 2022 after a long time off of the platform, Bridgit tweeted “hello world, k sit tight for news. As of January 28, 2023 there has been no update on news. It is currently unknown if Bridgit is signed to a record label, Bridgit is concurrently enrolled at Harvard Law School, where she is a 2L, and at MIT. She has been enrolled in college since 2012, and Harvard Law School since January 2019.”

these are some possible tracks for her second album, the first 3 songs were released as singles, the rest of the songs are songs revealed by name or songs that leaked online.

27AB308F-E23F-48AB-A901-1C5F327741AF.webp

Edited by thetaco
  • Like 2

• thetaco changed the title to Bridgit Mendler - Second Album info panel

Bridgit was such a sleeper pick and it's a shame she never took off as much as she should've :cackle: Still jam to Hurricane and Top of the World all the time lmao. Let's hope that that first batch of songs wasn't lost for good, and one way or another we'll be able to hear them someday!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...