Brendon Urie Says Panic! At the Disco is "No More"

Kipper

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzNF9ouOUp/

This morning, Brendon Urie announced that Panic! At the Disco is officially disbanding. He and his wife Sarah are expecting a child and he wants to dedicate his time to being a father.

There's a lot of buzz about how a "split" seems strange when Brendon has been the sole member since 2016's Death of a Bachelor, and was the only remaining original member even before that. Even so, I personally get the vibe that he might be done with music entirely? It's hard to see how a hypothetical solo career would be any different when... it already exists, and you have to wonder if re-branding would be worth the effort. Regardless, the dude's had a rough few years (a quick search brings up some recent not-so-pretty allegations), so it's possible that might have been a factor.

The last few Panic! albums have not always been my cup of tea, but I've been a close fan since my 2013 middle school emo phase, and the news definitely comes with its fair share of sadness. :yeah:How do you feel about it?

• Shook 1

8 hours ago, Leaving said:

This really does feel like the end of an era :( Their first album was such a moment and even if they've never quite matched but they'll always be an iconic band <3 I hope for a regroup of all the original members at some stage because those first songs were so good

Well said! Brendon's voice and Ryan Ross' killer songwriting coming together was really lightning in a bottle. Really unfortunate it was so short-lived :(Fever is just iconic!

On 1/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Kipper said:

Well said! Brendon's voice and Ryan Ross' killer songwriting coming together was really lightning in a bottle. Really unfortunate it was so short-lived :(Fever is just iconic!

I haven't kept up with them super closely so I actually had no idea Brendon didn't work on lyrics for that first album! That makes sense as to why their new stuff sounds different. Fever truly is a great album :hail: 

• Like 1