Destiny's Child - Unreleased (Infopost)

metalsnake25

Hi everyone!! I wanted to create this infopost about the unreleased music of Destiny's Child for all the fans who have always been curious about their unreleased material. This will include both leaked and unleaked material. If you guys have any more information or if there is something missing, let me know so I can update it to the infopost. I hope you guys enjoy this :)

Green - Leak

Blue - Snippet

Red - Unreleased

Girls Tyme Demos (1991-1993)

Spoiler
  • I Dig You Back ~ Written and produced by Alonzo Jackson & Cecilia Denise Lewis, one of the earliest songs recorded by Girls Tyme and a brief snippet was shown on Destiny's Child episode of Lifetime's Intimate Portrait in 2001. This track was registered to the US Copyright Office in August of 1991.
  • S.Y.T (Sweet, Young & Tender) ~ A music video for the song was filmed in California in 1992 with Beyonce and groupmate Latavia Roberson when the idea of them being a duo was shopped around. A 1:03 snippet of footage from the video surfaced sometime in the early to mid 2000s and more footage leaked in early 2018 when it was being auctioned along with a couple other tapes of Girls Tyme performances.
  • So Emotional ~ Written and produced by Preston Middleton, Beyoncé Knowles and John Hilliard, this is one of Beyoncé's earliest writing credits and surfaced in 2015 on Soundcloud under a Girls Tyme EP with songs "Sunshine" and "I Wanna Be Where You Are".

The Dolls/Elektra Records sessions (1994-1995)

Spoiler
  • Are You Ready ~ Written and produced by Tim & Bob, A snippet was track surfaced from their 1995 audition tape with Columbia Records in 2000 from their MTV special "The Road Home" this same footage was later in the Destiny's Child segment of MTV's TRL Superstar special in 2001 and a 2003 VH1 Driven documentary on Beyoncé.
  • Baby ~ Mentioned in Tim & Bob's discography section
  • In My Life ~ Written and produced by Tim & Bob, the pre-chorus was later re-tooled for the song "So Into You" by Tamia in 1998. The track was previewed by producer Tim Kelley on Instagram in June 2022.
  • Let's Stay Together ~ Mentioned in Tim & Bob's discography section
  • Wide Open ~ Produced by Tim & Bob, footage of the girls performing this song at their 1995 audition for Columbia Records leaked sometime in the early or mid 2000s.

Destiny's Child (1996-1997)

Spoiler

Forever Starts Today ~ Written and produced by Sylvia Bennett-Smith, Howard McCray and Robert Palmer. Leaked in May of 2010 among a pack of unreleased Destiny's Child tracks. The song is registered on APRA AMCOS with the Work ID: GW1696670.

I Try ~ Written by Sylvia Bennett-Smith and Marcellus Smith. The song's instrumental was later used on the song "Just For a Day" by Winans Phase 2 for their debut album "We Got Next' (1999). The song leaked in May of 2010

Never Had a Love Like Mine ~ Produced by Vincent Herbert, written by Mary Brown, Calvin Gaines, and Mark Wilson. The song appeared on an early promo cassette version of the album when it was titled "Bridges" and prepared for a fall 1997 release before it was pushed back and omitted from the tracklist. The song was planned to be a lead single before No, No, No part 2 was recorded and a remix was commissioned for it. The song leaked in May of 2010.

Show Me ~ Produced by Alonzo Jackson, co-written by Beyoncé Knowles and Letoya Luckett. The song appeared on an early promo cassette version of the album when it was titled "Bridges" and prepared for a fall 1997 release before it was pushed back and omitted from the tracklist. The song leaked in May of 2010.

You & Me ~ Leaked in May of 2010

The Writing's on The Wall (1999)

Spoiler

Go Deep ~ Written and produced by D'Wayne Wiggins, co-written by Beyoncé Knowles, Kelendria Rowland, Latavia Roberson and Letoya Luckett. The song was registered at the US Copyright Office in August of 1999.

Life Like This ~ Written and produced by Rodney Jerkins. The track was leaked in January of 2010

Survivor (2000-2001)

Spoiler
  • Everything ~ Mentioned in a January 2001 MTV News article about the album. "Jerkins, who worked on two songs for the album, including the tentatively titled "Girl Like Me," said he aimed for "a more street-edgy" sound for the group. "Everything is uptempo — that fast Destiny's Child sound,". The track was later recorded by Canela Cox and was released as the 2nd single from her unreleased debut album in late 2001.
  • Girl Like Me ~ Mentioned in a January 2001 MTV News article about the album. "Jerkins, who worked on two songs for the album, including the tentatively titled "Girl Like Me," said he aimed for "a more street-edgy" sound for the group. "Everything is uptempo — that fast Destiny's Child sound," 
  • Hold My Beer ~ Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Errol Mccalla. Registered on ASCAP ACE's repertoire
  • I Gotta Leave You ~ Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Ken "K-Fam" Fambro. The track appeared in a DJ Clue mixtape in 2002. 
  • I've Tried ~ Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Bryan Michael Cox. The track was first mentioned in a September 2000 article in Entertainment Weekly about the group.
  • Like Dat ~ Recorded during the time Farrah Franklin was in the group. The track was leaked in May 2010
  • Love Me Not ~ Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Errol Mccalla. Registered on ASCAP ACE's repertoire
  • More Than The Opposite Sex ~Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Darryl Young. Registered on ASCAP ACE's repertoire
  • This Love ~ Written and produced by Beyoncé Knowles and Alonzo Jackson. Registered on ASCAP ACE's repertoire

Destiny Fulfilled (2004)

Spoiler
  • Body Rock ~ Written by Silenna Murrell and Scott Storch. Recorded by Beyoncé as a demo for Destiny Fulfilled and was leaked in May of 2010. Silenna's version of the song was released in 2006 as "Bring It Home".
  • Heart ~ Written and produced by Scott Storch. The song leaked in February 2009
  • Let's Do Us ~ Written by Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, produced by 9th Wonder. Leaked in May of 2010.
  • Never Enough ~ Leaked in May of 2010
  • Sugar Daddy ~ Leaked in May of 2010
  • Twirk ~ Written and produced by Scott Storch. Leaked in May of 2010

• Like 1