Meghan McCain to Exit "The View" at the End of July

the-view-abc-aa-200304_hpEmbed_2_16x9_99

After four seasons on "The View," Meghan McCain announced Thursday that she's leaving at the end of July.

McCain, 36, joined as a co-host of the Emmy Award-winning daytime talk show in October 2017.

"It's such a privilege to be on the show. It's such an iconic show. It's so iconic to be in this chair that [Elisabeth Hasselbeck] made so great," McCain said at the top of her first show on Oct. 9, 2017. "I watched Elisabeth in college, and to be the conservative on this show is something I take very seriously, and I'm excited to bring a different perspective to the show."

On Sept. 28, 2020, McCain gave birth to baby girl Liberty Sage McCain Domenech and returned from maternity leave on Jan. 4.

x

• YAAASSS 1

I can't say I'll miss her in the slightest. The fact that she was looking up to Elisabeth Hasselbeck of all people :shocked: 

With that said, I remember reading she brought good ratings to the show so I'm surprised they're letting her go. I wonder who they'll get to replace her? I personally really liked that Jebediah girl but I'm sure they'll get another white blonde southern conservative to stir things up :cackle: 

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

I can't say I'll miss her in the slightest. The fact that she was looking up to Elisabeth Hasselbeck of all people :shocked: 

With that said, I remember reading she brought good ratings to the show so I'm surprised they're letting her go. I wonder who they'll get to replace her? I personally really liked that Jebediah girl but I'm sure they'll get another white blonde southern conservative to stir things up :cackle: 

Supposedly the person who was Meghan's cheerleader at Disney-ABC exited the company, and it allowed her to be fired.

I liked Jedediah Bila, but, my hope is that Ana Navarro-Cárdenas is given full-time status as a panelist.

4 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Supposedly the person who was Meghan's cheerleader at Disney-ABC exited the company, and it allowed her to be fired.

I liked Jedediah Bila, but, my hope is that Ana Navarro-Cárdenas is given full-time status as a panelist.

So they're saying she was actually fired? Interesting...I saw something about her leaving because she'd relocated to Washington or something during the pandemic.

All I know about Ana is that one meme of her..."The international impact that has" or something. :stretcher: I don't think the show is even on Australian TV anymore so I only keep up through little Youtube clips!

21 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

So they're saying she was actually fired? Interesting...I saw something about her leaving because she'd relocated to Washington or something during the pandemic.

All I know about Ana is that one meme of her..."The international impact that has" or something. :stretcher: I don't think the show is even on Australian TV anymore so I only keep up through little Youtube clips!

I think Disney-ABC did fire her, but, they're allowing her to say it was HER choice to exit, because she still has two-years left in a four-year deal.

Ana is ICONIC! A true ICON!

She is the conservative who can handle what she says.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:04 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I think Disney-ABC did fire her, but, they're allowing her to say it was HER choice to exit, because she still has two-years left in a four-year deal.

Ana is ICONIC! A true ICON!

She is the conservative who can handle what she says.

I'm with her on the policy side of things, but I don't think she brings enough drama for the execs at ABC to keep her around. As much as I hated Elisabeth the confrontations between her and Rosie were iconic :cackle: 

• 1 month later...