Report: GTA 6 to Launch in Modern Day Vice City in 2025

Heartbreak Anthem

E5E_ESWWEAUbAE9?format=png&name=900x900

Fans have been waiting for almost eight years for a new Grand Theft Auto game, and according to one leaker with a solid track record, that gap between main entry releases won't be over until 2025. Something which Take-Two's statements during a recent shareholder event backed up recently.

Tom Henderson--who previously leaked Call of Duty and Battlefield 2042 details--has released a new video and in it, he claimed that GTA 6 will be set in a modern-day version of Vice City. This runs contrary to previous reports that GTA 6 would be set in the 1980s, with Henderson claiming that developer Rockstar wants to ensure as much freedom as possible for its staff when it comes to creating content for GTA Online.

x

• YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, Ruthless Love said:

The fifth game was truly insane; three main characters, the massive open world, the graphics, et al.

Right? To be honest I couldn't care less about the plot of these games, but the open world, the insane level of detail and the sheer amount of stuff to do is reason enough to keep playing.

I just hope we'll get a bit more female representation in the series now...They've always been okay at depicting different races but females are often just there as the butt of jokes or sex symbols. I think it could be time for a female main character finally :hail: 

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

Right? To be honest I couldn't care less about the plot of these games, but the open world, the insane level of detail and the sheer amount of stuff to do is reason enough to keep playing.

I just hope we'll get a bit more female representation in the series now...They've always been okay at depicting different races but females are often just there as the butt of jokes or sex symbols. I think it could be time for a female main character finally :hail: 

I completely agree! I remember the GTAIII cheat code which allowed you to change appearances; I always wanted the brunette in the blue coat and shopping bags... I always ended up constantly seeing the blonde hooker. We deserve a female lead for this new game.. and I hope the London rumour comes true.

15 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I completely agree! I remember the GTAIII cheat code which allowed you to change appearances; I always wanted the brunette in the blue coat and shopping bags... I always ended up constantly seeing the blonde hooker. We deserve a female lead for this new game.. and I hope the London rumour comes true.

Tell me about the London rumour? :orly: 

On 7/2/2021 at 4:07 AM, Ruthless Love said:

Supposedly there was speculation this new game was going to be set in London and with a female antagonist.

I'd be very here for a change of scenery! And I guess a female antagonist is a good step towards a female protagonist at some point. Sign me up!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this real? :cackle: GTA has always struggled with the walking of their female NPCs but I thought they'd figure it out for a playable character...It's just a demo though so I'm sure it will all be cleaned up.

Apparently the plot is following a male and female couple in a Bonnie and Clyde kind of situation :orly: I'm intrigued by the idea tbh. Looking forward to having another big world to epxlore!

3 hours ago, Leaving said:

Is this real? :cackle: GTA has always struggled with the walking of their female NPCs but I thought they'd figure it out for a playable character...It's just a demo though so I'm sure it will all be cleaned up.

Apparently the plot is following a male and female couple in a Bonnie and Clyde kind of situation :orly: I'm intrigued by the idea tbh. Looking forward to having another big world to epxlore!

SAME! I'm ready for another game. It'll be amazing!

• Like 1