The Hateful Eight

Main Pop Girl

hateful-eight-banner-what.jpg

The Hateful Eight is a 2015 American Western mystery film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walton Goggins, Demián Bichir, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, and Bruce Dern as eight strangers who seek refuge from a blizzard in a stagecoach stopover some time after the American Civil War.

Tarantino announced the film in November 2013. After the script leaked in January 2014, he cancelled the movie, but announced that he had changed his mind after directing a live reading of the script at the United Artists Theater in Los Angeles. Filming began on December 8, 2014 near Telluride, Colorado. Distributed by Weinstein Company, The Hateful Eight was released on December 25, 2015 in a roadshow release in 70 mm film format, to generally positive reviews from critics. It had a wide digital release on December 30, 2015. The score, composed by Ennio Morricone, was his first complete Western score in 35 years and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Academy Award, winning the former.

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I went and saw it in the cinema the other day and I have to say, it was a totally amazing experience! :hail: The film itself was totally riveting and even though it's like three hours long I was completely engrossed the whole time. But what was super interesting was the 70mm and roadshow formats. The 70mm means the whole film is super widescreen and the roadshow thing means that you get an overture and an intermission, and a playguide kind of thing to take home with you. It was so cool and something I've never experienced before which I loved. <3