Bobbi Kristina Brown Dead at 22

505691_1280x720.jpg 

Bobbi Kristina Brown, the little-girl-lost daughter of the late, legendary Whitney Houston, died Sunday in an Atlanta-area hospice, nearly six months after she was found unconscious in her Georgia home. She was 22.

She never regained consciousness to explain what happened before she was found Jan. 31, face down and unresponsive in her bathtub.

"It is hard to say goodbye. On Sunday, July 26, Bobbi Kristina Brown made her transition peacefully," said a statement posted to Whitney Houston's Facebook page. "The family thanks everyone for their loving thoughts and prayers. As Bobbi Kristina would say: 'The wind is behind me and the sun is in my face.' "

"She is finally at peace in the arms of God," the Houston family told USA TODAY in a statement. "We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months."

Her father, R&B singer Bobby Brown, issued a statement through his lawyer Monday saying his daughter had fought to get well for months but now had taken "her place in heaven."

"Krissy was and is an angel. I am completely numb at this time. My family must find a way to live with her in spirit and honor her memory. Our loss is unimaginable.

"We thank everyone for the prayers for Krissy and our family as we mourn my baby girl." 

Bobbi Kristina had spent the last months in two Atlanta hospitals, a medical rehab facility and a hospice, much of the time in an induced coma and on life support.

This is honestly such a sad story and watching her deteriorate was just horrible. :'( It's almost like given her fucked up family she was doomed from the first breath she took. At least now there'll be an end to all the drama.