Gaga Set To Voice Betty Boop in Upcoming Film?

Main Pop Girl

CCwDrRtUgAAFSUb.png

Billboard]In addition to Justin Bieber's possible connection to The Interview' date=' the leaked Sony emails have revealed another pop star's movie world crossover.

According to an email from Columbia Pictures' Lauren Abrahams, "Lady Gaga is attached to voice Betty Boop & do some of the music" for an upcoming movie starring the Max Fleischer character, coming from Simon Cowell's Syco Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.

Cowell's big screen Betty Boop film -- which was revealed last August -- would be the first movie starring the famous flapper. Gaga's involvement hasn't been announced, but it seems to be confirmed by the leaked email.

The email says the in-the-works project would be "an animated live action hybrid" along the lines of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Sony wasn't terribly interested in the Gaga/Boop project, however. "To us it feels weirdly sexualized yet childlike (esp with Gaga) and not sure really who it’s for in a big mainstream way," Abrahams wrote. Columbia Pictures President Doug Belgrad agreed: "It sounds kind of weird to me to be honest. I don't mind if we don't chase it."

This wouldn't be the first time Gaga attached herself to an alumni of the Jazz Age. In 2014, she released a jazz covers album with Tony Bennett -- a man born four years before Betty Boop made her first appearance.

Billboard reached out to Gaga's rep for comment. A rep for Sony Music declined to comment on information “stolen in a malicious attack.”[/quote']

Interesting tbh! The fact I haven't heard about this means it must not be some hugely popular big-budget program, which is kind of a shame because it might mean they're stinging on other big names and a decent crew so the actual movie might not be that good. :'( But the idea is flawless, I need to hear Gaga singing a song as Betty!