Sigourney Weaver Signs on for Fifth 'Alien' Film

Main Pop Girl

WCHB18Alien3BlomkampBanner-e1424314975672.png

It wasn’t long ago that Neill Blomkamp took to Instagram to post some concept photos of an Alien film he could have been working on and then abandoned. However, it seems the tides have turned in Blomkamp’s favor and, in the past couple of days, news has been rolling in continuously about the South African director directing a fifth installment in the Alien franchise. Not only that, but it seems the rumors are true: Signourney Weaver will be reprising her role as Ripley.

Sky Media was able to get in touch with both Neill Blomkamp and Sigourney Weaver regarding the announcements, and it seems that everything will be moving forward with the idea that Ripley will receive a “proper ending” to her tale. During the talk, Blomkamp hinted to the fact that his film may ignore the continuity of the last two Alien films in the franchise, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

I can't at these shady cunts ignoring the third and fourth films, although I kind of love that it means that we can get characters from the second movie back. :shocked: Mainly I'm just excited to see another film in the franchise, although I'm still waiting for a Prometheus sequel. :