Russia's First Gay Marriage Occurs

Main Pop Girl

Alina-Davis-and-Alison-Brooks-x400.jpg

Two blushing brides were legally married in Russia this month, even though same-sex marriage was made illegal in the country in 2012.

Scandalized Russian bureaucrats were outraged, but they were trapped by their own discriminatory laws. Alina Davis and Allison Brooks are now legally married.

Alina Davis, a 23-year-old trans woman, and Allison Brooks, her 19-year-old partner, walked into the Moscow registry office in matching wedding dresses and asked for a marriage license. Alina said later on her VK page (Like a Russian Facebook) that the clerk called them the "shame of the family" and told them they needed medical treatment.

Alina joked of her partner's reaction:

"I was afraid my pussycat would beat the fuck out of her."

In the end, the disproving clerks had no choice but to issue a license to the young couple, because Alina, (once Dmitry Kozhukhov) who was born male, is recognized as a male in Russia. The ladies married immediately at the registry, punctuating their legal marriage with a long and happy kiss.

I find there is a profound and satisfying irony in the fact the women used a law born from transphobia to defeat a law born of homophobia.

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

WERK THO! :hail: Not only do they both look flawless but now they're fucking over the Russian government and they can't do anything to stop it. When will t.a.t.u? :rockon: