Gwen Stefani To Join The Voice

gwen-stefani-vogue-us-january-2013-02.jpg

Gwen Stefani's gonna make good money off Christina Aguilera getting knocked up -- TMZ has learned Gwen has signed on to be a judge on "The Voice."

Multiple sources connected to the show tell us ... No Doubt's lead singer will be on Season 8 ... which starts taping in June.

Producers started looking for new blood in February after Christina announced she was pregnant. Makes sense ... she'd be 8 or 9 months along by the time Season 8's battle rounds began.

We're told NBC wanted Christina to stay during her pregnancy but she's having a difficult time already and ultimately bowed out.

Gwen's deal is for one season right now, and we're told Christina has already signed on to rotate back into her spinning chair for Season 9.

NBC had no comment.

I'm not sure how I feel about this tbh...it would give her great publicity if she really was planning to return as a solo artist (unless she managed to mess that up like XTina and Shakira did :vacuum:). But I feel it's kind of a desperate move, and I'd prefer for her to be working on new music than on this trashy TV show. What do y'all think?

• 2 weeks later...

This was confirmed!

IT'S TRUE!

Gwen Stefani has been named as a coach on season seven of NBC's "The Voice".

Tune in Monday, May 5 at 8pm/7c to see Gwen perform her No.1 single "Hollaback Girl" from her debut solo album, Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

Even though I wish she was performing a new single on the show, 'Hollaback Girl' will definitely tide me over until the season finale at least. ;) I might actually tune into this show just for her!