Girl Power: Christina Aguilera, Nicole Scherzinger, & Ciara Rule the Charts!

Nicole Scherzinger, Christina Aguilera & Ciara

It may not be ‘Lady Marmelade’, but this is a different form of female empowerment! Fans of the singers will be glad to know that songstresses Christina Aguilera, Nicole Scherzinger and Ciara are owning the top three spots on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, with their respective latest singles.

At #1 is Christina with ‘Just a Fool’, her duet with country singer and ‘The Voice’ co-star Blake Shelton. Christina released a video for the song which week in which she debuted a slimmer, more toned body. Critics called the video “stunning” and Kelly Osbourne stated on Fashion Police: “It brought  a tear to my eye”.

Meanwhile, at #2 is Nicole Scherzinger with her hit single ‘Boomerang’! Nicole famously performed the song at the Kid’s Choice Awards recently with help from her ex-Pussycat Dolls Jessica Sutta and Melody Thornton. Nicole has not ruled out a reunion of the group, saying: “Right now i’m focusing on releasing my debut album, Her Name Is Nicole, for all my fans to hear. But after that I see a reunion in sight!”

Last but not least, R&B crooner Ciara is at #3 (and #1 on the R&B charts) with her new single ‘Body Party’! The success of the song no doubt has to do with the scandalous sex tape featuring the singer which appeared on the internet last week. The video showed CiCi doing her signature ‘Matrix’ move back onto boyfriend Future and producer Mike WiLL Made It, while she audibly asks if “this will get her the song”.

What do you think of the surprise success of these three girls? Do they deserve it? Let us know over at the forums!

[/html]

• 10 months later...