Beyoncé and Kanye West Reveal Upcoming Album Titles!

Beyoncé & Kanye West

Superstars Beyoncé and Kanye West have more in common that that embarrassing VMA’s incident – they’ve both released the album titles for their upcoming projects on the same day!

According to Rolling Stone, Bey’s new album is called Mrs. Carter, an oblique reference to her marriage to Jay-Z (aka Mr. Shawn Carter). This idea fits in with the theme of the singer’s new tour, The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour,  as well as her recent H&M photoshoot, which “starred Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter”. The idea was also referenced on the singer’s latest single, Bow Down/I Been On, in which she raps: “I took some time to live my life, but don’t think I’m just his little wife.” While there’s still no word on when exactly the album will be released, we should expect it in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Kanye’s album is also in production, and it’s rumoured to be called I Am God. While there has since been further speculation that ‘I Am God’ is in fact the name of West’s new single, and not the title of his new project, it seems pretty feasible to us that the title could be for both first single and album. An unidentified source claimed that the single was about “the idea that all people are manifestations of a higher power.” Interesting stuff! Whatever it’s called, Kanye’s new album is also set for release later this year (although that little incident with Kim Kardashian may have put a bump in the proceedings).

In an awkward twist of events, Kanye not so subtly slammed his ex-best friend Beyoncé  in a rant during one of his concerts this week. Referencing Bey’s new endorsement deal with Pepsi, West ranted:

“Can I sell a drink for you please? So you can help me put on a better show. Please corporations. Can you please support me, Kanye West? I swear I’m a nice nigger now. I swear I’ll put the pink polo back on. I swear to you. Please? Just for three million dollars. I need it so bad. I need a new pool in my back yard. So I’ll tell all my fans your shit is cool. And if they believe in me they should also believe in you… What’s my public rating now? Are people liking me again? Enough to get some money for some corporations? They forgot about the whole Beyoncé thing right? Okay, cool.”

You can view the full video of West’s rant here.

Interesting…We wonder what Jay-Z has to say about all this? Let us know what he’d say in our forums!

[/html]