This is rumored to be the pic that incensed Francia.  (The sub-text being Francia supposedly believed Selina looked so ‘far gone’ to the point Selena seemed completely unaware one of her ‘girls’ looked ready to pop out and say ‘hello’ to the world):

nUrRjOE.jpg

• Poison ivy changed the title to Selena Gomez | General Discussion Thread

Selena reveals that she’s back in the studio during TikTok live:

“Secrets on secrets on secrets.”

OlxWHn7.jpg

What are your hopes for Selena’s next album era? Would you prefer she concentrated on solo tracks or took cues from the unanticipated chart return of her “Calm Down” feature (with Rema) and expanded upon its impact with the development of further features with other artists?

If so, who would be your most preferred and No. 1 choice for her to work with Ariana, Miley or Taylor?

Alternatively, now that she’s in her 30’s, would it be cooler for her to concentrate on maximising her appeal/ impact within the adult contemporary market with a left of centre move by reaching out to artists like Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris or even alt. artists like Angel Olsen or Ethel Cain?

6 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Selena on her new album:

“don't worry guys, it's coming.”

She posted a photo of her wearing a bracelet that had SG3 in beads or something and claimed it was 'coming soon'. This was in 2021 I believe so, I'm truly not expecting anything to be released from her for a while. Selena's definition of 'coming soon' is actually 'not coming for a while'. I do believe that she's been pretty busy though with her show on Hulu and her make up line so, it's understandable, just truly annoying. I was praying for more leaks this year, but gatekeepers are not letting that happen. 

• Sad 1

I thought the whole Hailey Beiber thing was old news but there has been a slight development..

After watching this video, I’m not sure if Hailey Bieber is genuinely being altruistic towards Selena or not?

However I was shocked by some of the negative comments left on Selena’s IG post (referred to above), so perhaps Hailey really was attempting to help Selena out?

6 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

She posted a photo of her wearing a bracelet that had SG3 in beads or something and claimed it was 'coming soon'. This was in 2021 I believe so, I'm truly not expecting anything to be released from her for a while. Selena's definition of 'coming soon' is actually 'not coming for a while'. I do believe that she's been pretty busy though with her show on Hulu and her make up line so, it's understandable, just truly annoying. I was praying for more leaks this year, but gatekeepers are not letting that happen. 

I hope Selena takes time with this record. The cards are so stacked against her in the court of public opinion, I hope she drops an album with a surprise sound that goes against what people expect from her. One giant middle finger to the public.

• WTF 1

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

I hope Selena takes time with this record. The cards are so stacked against her in the court of public opinion, I hope she drops an album with a surprise sound that goes against what people expect from her. One giant middle finger to the public.

To me all of her releases since Revival have been pretty unexpected and high quality, so I'm hoping for the same for this! I'm not sure what genres are around right now that I can see her doing well with but I'm sure she'll find something cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

To me all of her releases since Revival have been pretty unexpected and high quality, so I'm hoping for the same for this! I'm not sure what genres are around right now that I can see her doing well with but I'm sure she'll find something cool.

I agree, I remember listening to that album just after its release and realizing there had been an unexpected shift in her sound and consequently developing a new found level of respect for her.

Prior to that she was just another basic pop girl who I went to for generic bops. From the “Revival” era onwards, she became 50 times more interesting to me.

I admit before that point, she was literally the last pop girl on earth whom I ever expected to take a risk by taking a left turn like that, yet from that moment on she has subtly maintained a slight edge with quirky production sounds, unexpected key changes and subtle visual easter eggs galore.

She may have began as just another generic Disney Princess but she has since perfectly transcended those origins to now become an actual artist in her own right (out with that disneyfied context), who is far more interesting and somewhat deeper in a way that is truly unique to her.

It really is amazing how she has successfully made the transition to adult artist without alienating her original core audience in the process. For many artists (even some who began life as same generational contemporaries of Selena), it simply does not happen that smoothly.

Unlike many others, I am not someone who was ever won over by Taylor (for example) quite as easily as I was by Selena and (over time), I realize that Selena has since become far more rewarding as an artist (at least for me).

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaving said:

Yes!! I love Rare, even though a lot of people find it slightly polarizing.

• WTF 1

12 years ago today, Selena released “Love You Like a Love Song”. The video for this innocuous song ignited an argument in the Gomez household when Selena insisted she was going to be wearing a bustier in the video and went against her stepfather’s wishes for her not to!

Whilst Selena has gone on to further evolve as an artist, this track still resonates with and holds a place in the lives and hearts of many:

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

12 years ago today, Selena released “Love You Like a Love Song”. The video for this innocuous song ignited an argument in the Gomez household when Selena insisted she was going to be wearing a bustier in the video and went against her stepfather’s wishes for her not to!

Whilst Selena has gone on to further evolve as an artist, this track still resonates with and holds a place in the lives and hearts of many:

Lady Gaga approved: 

Screenshot_20230616-145558~2.png

• Love 2