Selena’s friendship with her kidney donor Francia Raisa appears to have hit an all time low.

It seems Francia (post op) expected to be showered with a lifetime level of attention from Selena that she did not receive - and as a result, it appears Francia is now on the verge of considering her legal position regarding a potential court fight to get her kidney back from Selena.

This situation seems completely crazy, what is your view?

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update
  • Like 1

You should only donate a kidney to the people you have the kind of bond you would never expect anything in return. For me that would be my parents and my brother and sister, the only people in my life that love and support me unconditionally. This girl should have never done that for Selena if they didn't have that kind of friendship. Unless Selena was really manipulative into getting that kidney. But I don't know the whole story and I'm not interested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

Can people please just leave her alone. If I did this for a friend I wouldn't want our friends to constantly bring it up, let alone strangers trying to stir up drama where there's no drama.

I mean I wouldn't say there was no drama exactly, maybe no serious drama. People also like to exaggerate things to make them appear worse than the situation actually is.

This all started months ago when Selena posted a TikTok where she allegedly claimed that "Taylor was her only friend in the industry" and Francia felt left out, which tbh seems pretty reasonable to me. I haven't really kept up with the situation at all cause it's not my business and I do feel guilty sort of talking about it (where I'm possibly spreading misinformation so, please don't take this too literal. I could be wrong. I'm just going off of what I heard from Instagram). 

• Like 1

• Poison ivy changed the title to Selena Gomez’s increasingly strained relationship with her Kidney Doner Francia Raisa
4 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

I mean I wouldn't say there was no drama exactly, maybe no serious drama. People also like to exaggerate things to make them appear worse than the situation actually is.

This all started months ago when Selena posted a TikTok where she allegedly claimed that "Taylor was her only friend in the industry" and Francia felt left out, which tbh seems pretty reasonable to me. I haven't really kept up with the situation at all cause it's not my business and I do feel guilty sort of talking about it (where I'm possibly spreading misinformation so, please don't take this too literal. I could be wrong. I'm just going off of what I heard from Instagram). 

I don't find this as shade though. It's probably a situational line that was taken out of context. The amount of times I've said something similar because of the context, I would be beefing with everyone in my life. :stretcher:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

I don't find this as shade though. It's probably a situational line that was taken out of context. The amount of times I've said something similar because of the context, I would be beefing with everyone in my life. :stretcher:

facts. taylor isn’t even her only friend in the industry. she has like 100 friends in the industry. she obviously just meant super close

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cypher said:

Yesss that's what I was thinking! I happen to think Selena was probably referring to the music industry. Selena is also an actress so, I'm assuming she meant that Taylor was her only friend in the music industry. Last I checked, Francia is an actress not a singer so, I don't really see a reason for her to be mad over that. But, it's weird cause I feel like I understand why she's upset. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Yesss that's what I was thinking! I happen to think Selena was probably referring to the music industry. Selena is also an actress so, I'm assuming she meant that Taylor was her only friend in the music industry. Last I checked, Francia is an actress not a singer so, I don't really see a reason for her to be mad over that. But, it's weird cause I feel like I understand why she's upset. 

I suspect you are partially correct and that some of the tension did stem from that incident.

However, they are also rumored to have had a separate private argument, which they both now wholly deny ever took place (as it was obviously not supposed to go public) - whereby Francia was critical of an occasion where Selina drank alcohol and Francia basically told Selina that had she known (before the transplant) that Selina considered it acceptable (as a recipient of a transplanted organ) - to drink alcohol after the transplant - then she (Francia), would never have agreed to give Selina her kidney in the first place - if Francia had known in advance that Selina was not going to cherish and take care of Francia’s ex body part.

Like I said, they are denying it now (as it was only ever supposed to be a private squabble between themselves) and neither of them foresaw that their private argument would actually make it in to the media.

So I suspect it’s both that reason and (like you said), Selina previously identifying Taylor as her best friend in the industry (and not Francia).

However, it is somewhat ironic that it is Selina’s Kidney that failed (as opposed to Demi’s), as the most toxic thing Selina has consumed in her life is likely to be Justin Beiber (and the most toxic thing Demi has ever consumed is crystal meth).

Yet Demi is the one to walk away with a healthy kidney!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

I suspect you are partially correct and that some of the tension did stem from that incident.

However, they are also rumored to have had a separate private argument, which they both now wholly deny ever took place (as it was obviously not supposed to go public) - whereby Francia was critical of an occasion where Selina drank alcohol and Francia basically told Selina that had she known (before the transplant) that Selina considered it acceptable (as a recipient of a transplanted organ) - to drink alcohol after the transplant - then she (Francia), would never have agreed to give Selina her kidney in the first place - if Francia had known in advance that Selina was not going to cherish and take care of Francia’s ex body part.

Like I said, they are denying it now (as it was only ever supposed to be a private squabble between themselves) and neither of them foresaw that their private argument would actually make it in to the media.

So I suspect it’s both that reason and (like you said), Selina previously identifying Taylor as her best friend in the industry (and not Francia).

However, it is somewhat ironic that it is Selina’s Kidney that failed (as opposed to Demi’s), as the most toxic thing Selina has consumed in her life is likely to be Justin Beiber (and the most toxic thing Demi has ever consumed is crystal meth).

Yet Demi is the one to walk away with a healthy kidney!

Tbh, if you give a dollar to a homeless person, are you checking in to see what he/she/they spent that dollar on? If you gift someone a birthday present, are you verifying that they didn't regift it to somebody else? I know it's not quite 1:1 the same, but the principle applies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Tbh, if you give a dollar to a homeless person, are you checking in to see what he/she/they spent that dollar on? If you gift someone a birthday present, are you verifying that they didn't regift it to somebody else? I know it's not quite 1:1 the same, but the principle applies.

Agreed, it’s not often a salacious showbiz story has a moral question attached. Living in a world territory where organ donation is (for the most part) anonymous, this is a lesson (and a worst case scenario) of what can happen when it’s not.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update
  • Like 2

I always thought this relationship was a little odd because I'd never heard of Francia before the kidney donation and then suddenly they were best friends. Still, given that she went from a total no name whose biggest claim to fame was "starring in the Christmas-themed movie Christmas Bounty alongside Mike "The Miz" Mizanin" to now appearing on several network TV shows, I don't think she should really be complaining :wink: 

• Shook 1
  • LMAO 1

• Poison ivy changed the title to Selena Gomez | General Discussion Thread