vaUVaYr.jpg

As there is no stand alone Kylie (or Dannii) Minogue thread independent of specific album eras, I felt we should have one where every aspect of both Kylie and Dannii’s career can be discussed from ANY time period: past, present and future.

Highlights from Kylie albums one thru four:

[Debut Album Era - “Kylie”]:

”I Should Be So Lucky”:

”Got To Be Certain”:

“The Loco-Motion”:

[Sophomore Album Era - “Enjoy Yourself”]:

”Hand On Your Heart”:

“Wouldn’t Change A Thing”:

“Never Too Late”:

[Third Album Era - “Rhythm Of Love”]:

”Better The Devil You Know”:

“Step Back In Time”:

“Shocked”:

[4th Album Era - “Let’s Get To It”]:

”Word Is Out”:

“If You We’re With Me Now”
(Duet with Keith Washington):

“Give Me Just A Little More Time”:

[Lead Single From Her First Official “Greatest Hits” Collection]:

“What Kind Of Fool (Heard All That Before)”:

My Personal Favorite ⬇️:

Below is my all time personal favourite Kylie single (the third single from her third album), where the stars aligned and everything about its release was utter perfection:

”What Do I Have To Do?”:

These are the definitive versions of her first four album releases as they contain absolutely everything (from each respective album era):

01) ”Kylie”:

https://www.discogs.com/release/6651409-Kylie-Minogue-Kylie

02) ”Enjoy Yourself”:

https://www.discogs.com/release/6623173-Kylie-Minogue-Enjoy-Yourself

03) ”Rhythm of Love”:

https://www.discogs.com/release/6651464-Kylie-Rhythm-Of-Love

04) ”Let’s Get To It”:

https://www.discogs.com/release/6651514-Kylie-Minogue-Lets-Get-To-It

.. When she came back with her fifth album she switched her production team and record label (essentially beginning again from scratch). This was the worlds introduction to the reinvented Kylie:

She then went on to explore Indie music (to the sheer horror of the gays) who outside her home country, almost died when she served them this:

When she then went on to continue down the same path (on her sixth album “Impossible Princess”), with this production by Welsh rock band Manic Street Preachers, the gays finally revolted and (temporarily) abandoned her for Steps:

Nevertheless, she continued to listen to her inner muse and follow her own creative path:

After two albums, she and her second record label (Deconstruction), mutually decided to have a parting of ways and after deciding that making money again might be a good idea, she then signed with Parlophone and re-embraced her ‘Pop’ origins on this abandoned Paula Abdul comeback track and it’s parent album (Kylie’s seventh), titled “Light Years”:

The gays were suddenly back on board and so was the world (outside America):

That wasn’t to last long though when she launched her eighth album with this Cathy Dennis penned S Club 7 and Sophie Ellis-Bextor reject track:

However, Kylie then made a strategic error when she decided to take her ninth album in an R&B direction and decided not to use a little demo titled “Toxic” presented to her people by Cathy Dennis as it did not sonically fit the genre profile of what her management advised her was needed for the U.S. market.

Instead the demo was presented to another singer you’ve probably heard of and Kylie went with this track that fitted the mood she was going for instead:

The parent album “Body Language” did not find the love from the U.S. market it was intended to.

Kylie then moved on to a retrospective compilation (“Ultimate Kylie”), which contained these two singles (the first being co-written by Jake Shears, formerly from Scissor Sisters) and the second written by Xenomania (better known for producing some of Girls Aloud and Sugababes finest work).

That compilation has since been usurped with another more up to date compilation “Step Back In Time”.

Shortly after releasing the above two singles from her 2004 retrospective, Kylie was diagnosed with and took time out to recover from cancer.

Since her recovery, Kylie went on to release six further studio albums, single highlights include the following:

I will introduce Dannii at a later point in the thread. However (and following) Kylie’s recent successful Sydney “World Pride” appearance:

Current whispers are circulating, suggesting that Kylie and Katy Perry have worked together on a track.  Before this rumour it was already known that Katy is working on a dance album.

Both artists are presently between album cycles and it is as yet unknown if (upon launching), the currently under wraps  track will be on one of their albums (or both).  They have also each (separately) worked with Greg Kurstin in the past.

I can’t quite hear how their respective voices would blend together on a track and always assumed that Kylie and Madonna working together was a more fated collaboration that would occur first.

What are your thoughts? Is a collab between Kylie + Katy the duet you never knew you needed or does the very idea leave you cold?

Edited by Dax Diameter
Finesse
  • Like 1

Katy wouldn't have been my first choice for a collab, but I'm not going to complain if we get it! Especially given that Kylie has very little profile in the States and working with 
Katy could only help that.

As for the new album, I'm excited to hear what she comes up with. I liked Biff's work on the last album but it was a little uninspired so I hope she throws Fernando or someone else back in to spice things up a little.

Yes, the Biff produced “I Love It” was definitely the weakest track (at least for me) out of the entire “Disco” era. Though I do feel “Say Something” was classic Kylie (I do recall some having an issue with guitars on that track, but not me).

However, I am not sure how I feel about Karen Poole being back on the writing team for a new Kylie studio album (for the first time since “Kylie Christmas”).

“Wow” is one of the very few tracks from Kylie’s entire career that I never took to (and I wasn’t really feeling much of her other contributions towards the end of her tenure as writer), so when Karen was eventually ‘rested’, I did not miss her.

I hope the years she has been out of the Kylie fold now means she is fully rested and her creativity is replenished.

Edited by Dax Diameter

Kylie and Dannii at Sydney “World Pride”:

0Bn9IsK.jpg
In other news, after careful deliberation Kylie has apparently declined an invite to perform at the U.K. coronation of King Charles due to concerns over how that would be perceived in her native Australia where there is apparently a rise in pro-republicanism (and anti commonwealth sentiment).

19 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Yes, the Biff produced “I Love It” was definitely the weakest track (at least for me) out of the entire “Disco” era. Though I do feel “Say Something” was classic Kylie (I do recall some having an issue with guitars on that track, but not me).

However, I am not sure how I feel about Karen Poole being back on the writing team for a Kylie album (for the first time since “Kylie Christmas”).

“Wow” is one of the very few tracks from Kylie’s entire career that I never took to (and I wasn’t really feeling much of her other contributions towards the end of her tenure as writer), so when Karen was eventually ‘rested’, I did not miss her.

I hope the years she has been out of the Kylie fold now means she is fully rested and her creativity is replenished.

I've heard a lot of people don't like Wow but I think it was a bop! The whole X album was pretty flawless for me apart from a couple of the slower songs.

I haven't seen any noticeable rise in pro-republicanism here but I do know that Mr Charles seems to be struggling to get performers if the trades are to be believed...Even artists from his own country don't seem to want to perform at his coronation :awkwardney: If things keep going the way they do we might be getting a Steps performance!

• Like 2

I recently added some Kylie albums to my library (I literally haven't heard anything from her other than "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and I love the song) and I'm looking forward to get into her music! So far I only have added XAphroditeGolden and Disco, although I know I'm missing some important albums like Light Years or Fever.

If she and Katy are collaborating on something, I'm lowkey interested on how it's going to turn out, considering the lackluster that Smile was for Katy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I recently added some Kylie albums to my library (I literally haven't heard anything from her other than "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and I love the song) and I'm looking forward to get into her music! So far I only have added XAphroditeGolden and Disco, although I know I'm missing some important albums like Light Years or Fever.

If she and Katy are collaborating on something, I'm lowkey interested on how it's going to turn out, considering the lackluster that Smile was for Katy.

“Fever” May have been more popular in the U.S. but “Light Years” is a classic that put her back on the map after a few years of left field experimentation.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on her work. I can’t even imagine how her first four albums would sound for the first time in the context of 2023.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

I would recommend Ultimate Kylie from 2004. If you'd like that collection, I can send it to you! And I have all her albums in i+, too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

You have so much to catch up on! Here's a few of my personal faves <3 

And these ones are worth watching just for the videos alone, although the songs are also great!

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

do4PCht.jpg

Songwriter Kamille on working with Kylie Minogue for her new album “I was in the studio, sipping Kylie Wine in front of Kylie - it was ridiculous. We were singing some of her songs; I was singing Better The Devil You Know and she sang it back to me. It was such a surreal moment!”

* Songwriter Kamille is "so excited" for Kylie's new music. "You're gonna love it!" – she said.

* Kylie will move on to the visual side of the campaign soon.

• YAAASSS 1

Kylie has reportedly finally finished recording her new album and it’s entered the final mixing stage.
 It’s a dance/pop album with influences from the 90’s and 00’s.
It’s a dance journey….. which is being cleverly worked to include ‘Disco’ into the narrative for the forthcoming tour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver Heldens on his new single with Kylie Minogue: "It's very disco, funk and soul-inspired but actually quite pop. I’m pretty excited about this song".

The new single “10 out of 10” out April 5.

(As she is a “feature” it is not considered to be her album’s lead single, but is apparently a bonus track on an as yet unannounced deluxe edition).

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update

• Poison ivy changed the title to Kylie (+ Dannii) Minogue | General Discussion Thread