Bebe Rexha & David Guetta hit n°1 in several countries

808Dream

9 hours ago, Leaving said:

Wll she ever have a hit that isn't a collab? :awkwardney:

👀

It's too bad she can't get a hit on her own.

Both Sabotage and Sacrifice were good songs and deserved better, don't know why but there's something keeping her from making it real big, a bit like Rita Ora. 

6 hours ago, Marin said:

I read today that this song is the most streamed song on the planet, but I am not 100% sure since I couldn’t verify the source. 

This is cool, this really proves that a leak can do no harm. 

They were smart to re-record the vocals and update the arrangement of course, but the leak going viral on TikTok was a blessing and actually served as a stunning campaign ahead of the official release. 

They were lucky the song leaked and got so much attention. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

It's too bad she can't get a hit on her own.

Both Sabotage and Sacrifice were good songs and deserved better, don't know why but there's something keeping her from making it real big, a bit like Rita Ora. 

This is cool, this really proves that a leak can do no harm. 

They were smart to re-record the vocals and update the arrangement of course, but the leak going viral on TikTok was a blessing and actually served as a stunning campaign ahead of the official release. 

They were lucky the song leaked and got so much attention. 

Sacrifice was a total bop! I don't understand why that version of dance pop didn't work for her but this messy 90s rehash is now the biggest song on the planet :cackle: I know I'm old now because these TikTok trends completely allude me

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

Sacrifice was a total bop! I don't understand why that version of dance pop didn't work for her but this messy 90s rehash is now the biggest song on the planet :cackle: I know I'm old now because these TikTok trends completely allude me

I barely know what TikTok is :cackle:

Guess I have a thing for the song cause Eiffel65 were Italian so I've been listening to that track everywhere ever since I was born :yeah: 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 808Dream said:

I barely know what TikTok is :cackle:

Guess I have a thing for the song cause Eiffel65 were Italian so I've been listening to that track everywhere ever since I was born :yeah: 

My sister and I were on holiday at a resort in Italy about 6 years ago and were talking to one of the Eiffle 65 guys there, he was a very nice, relaxed guy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leaving said:

At least Eiffel 65 will be getting awesome royalties from this song :hail: 

They got lots of money off one single dance song, lucky them 😭

15 hours ago, Otaku said:

I checked to see what song this was about...I'm Good?!?!?

That song is literally 5 years old...crazy that they released it so long after it was created.

That's really just crazy, apparently a kid used the old leaked version for a TikTok video which went viral, so they released it straight away updating a bit the arrangement and re-recording the vocals, and there you go they won. 

That's a big lesson not to be scared of songs leaking rather use their popularity. 

• YAAASSS 1

I never got this fear of using leaked material. Sure, if an entire album leaks 2 months ahead of its release date, or the track that was set to be the first single off a Britney album 20 years ago, I understand that messes up the plans. But at some point it seemed like (and this has been confirmed by songwriters) that even the leak of a writer's demo of an album track was enough for most record companies to consider that track lost forever. If it's a good track, it's a good track. It doesn't matter. If lots of people love the leak, people that buy the album will most likely like it. It just...doesn't compute.

I remember being shocked AF they put out Better Than I Know Myself as a Adam Lambert's first single for the album, cause the demo to that must've leaked like 2,5 years before that. That was pretty much unheard of.

When that does happen, it's usually an artist that kept & re-worked the song for a later album, and that's pretty rare in Pop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Otaku said:

I never got this fear of using leaked material. Sure, if an entire album leaks 2 months ahead of its release date, or the track that was set to be the first single off a Britney album 20 years ago, I understand that messes up the plans. But at some point it seemed like (and this has been confirmed by songwriters) that even the leak of a writer's demo of an album track was enough for most record companies to consider that track lost forever. If it's a good track, it's a good track. It doesn't matter. If lots of people love the leak, people that buy the album will most likely like it. It just...doesn't compute.

I remember being shocked AF they put out Better Than I Know Myself as a Adam Lambert's first single for the album, cause the demo to that must've leaked like 2,5 years before that. That was pretty much unheard of.

When that does happen, it's usually an artist that kept & re-worked the song for a later album, and that's pretty rare in Pop.

Same here. I've always heard the fear comes from losing sales, but you have to wonder how much it could really affect them. Unless it's a situation where the song is notable enough for media outlets to report on it and spread the word, I feel like people who are invested enough in an individual artist or the general industry enough to follow and listen to leaks are, if anything, more likely to buy them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Otaku said:

Right? And also, how many members of the general public are crawling through Discord servers or music forums to listen to demos of unreleased songs? Even if 1% of an artist's fans heard the song, that's still 99% of people for who it's completely original and fresh

• Like 1