[deleted]

thetaco

8 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

nah, where are the greyed out songs available!

sorry lol. they don’t show up as greyed out on browser. each song seems to be available on loose compilations on spotify and amazon outside of the us. not as part of the album anywhere tho? i wonder why she has so many missing tracks on that album tho that’s weird….

30 minutes ago, thetaco said:

sorry lol. they don’t show up as greyed out on browser. each song seems to be available on loose compilations on spotify and amazon outside of the us. not as part of the album anywhere tho? i wonder why she has so many missing tracks on that album tho that’s weird….

oh wait i used the wrong link, woops

https://play.qobuz.com/album/bgsddwlz7ljia

its only tracks 1, 2, 4-6, 10

Edited by Vixen Eyes

9 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

oh wait i used the wrong link, woops

https://play.qobuz.com/album/bgsddwlz7ljia

its only tracks 1, 2, 4-6, 10

well actually i can’t even see it from there on mobile but still the songs seem to be only on compilations. i guess the record label that’s attached to that greatest hits album isn’t the same label that currently has the rights to those songs. and no, it doesn’t seem to unlock the songs specifically on the album view no matter what region you go to. do you not have those songs available in some loose compilations if you search them up specifically? it might be just your service qobuz cause i can see all the songs on spotify in compilations by searching for them individually

Edited by thetaco
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thetaco said:

well actually i can’t even see it from there on mobile but still the songs seem to be only on compilations from what i see on spotify. i guess the record label that’s attached to that greatest hits album isn’t the same label that currently has the rights to those songs. and no, it doesn’t seem to unlock the songs specifically on the album view no matter what region you go to. do you not have those songs available in some loose compilations if you search them up specifically? it might be just your service qobuz cause i can see all the songs on spotify in compilations by searching for them individually

theyre exclusive to this release as far as i can tell. the greyed songs are from sometime before her debut album

there is the one Early Dolly comp but that only had the first two tracks from this comp

1 hour ago, Vixen Eyes said:

theyre exclusive to this release as far as i can tell. the greyed songs are from sometime before her debut album

there is the one Early Dolly comp but that only had the first two tracks from this comp

oh actually there is still some missing even on spotify. but they’re available on amazon music on compilations. well, they’re not available on the album in any specific regions. so maybe you could try to tweet at dolly parton or her record label to look into getting them licensed on her album, or you can use local files of these songs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thetaco said:

oh actually there is still some missing even on spotify. but they’re available on amazon music on compilations. well, they’re not available on the album in any specific regions. so maybe you could try to tweet at dolly parton or her record label to look into getting them licensed on her album, or you can use local files of these songs.

the point of me asking was to get the files for my local music files 😂

i use a bot to rip lossless music from qobuz 😂

I’ve sent a few twitter dms to record labels recently, especially about region locked areas for albums that make absolutely no sense!! But it has not affected anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I could get these record labels to recheck the album regions, the albums are allowed in? When an album that came out 20 years ago is in every single region except Europe, is there actually a good reason? Maybe back in 2000, but if record labels just went and checked over their contracts could it be completely possible that they can easily allow it in that region by now and the region lock is no longer valid or something? Is there a way I can do anything about this, I’m gonna keep asking record labels over twitter and insta but I want to do something that feels like it will be more likely to get somewhere. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thetaco said:

I’ve sent a few twitter dms to record labels recently, especially about region locked areas for albums that make absolutely no sense!! But it has not affected anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I could get these record labels to recheck the album regions, the albums are allowed in? When an album that came out 20 years ago is in every single region except Europe, is there actually a good reason? Maybe back in 2000, but if record labels just went and checked over their contracts could it be completely possible that they can easily allow it in that region by now and the region lock is no longer valid or something? Is there a way I can do anything about this, I’m gonna keep asking record labels over twitter and insta but I want to do something that feels like it will be more likely to get somewhere. 

idk if we can do anything about it tbh

After 14 years, Janet Jackson’s album Discipline is now available in every region! For a few years it’s been her only region-locked album but it’s now available everywhere! 10-15 years seems to be when several old albums can be reevaluated for a new worldwide license, since they don’t need different cd region specific versions anymore or different cds anymore and it can just be prioritized as a relisted digital album. Happy streaming if you’re gonna listen!

• Like 1

• thetaco changed the title to Our POP FAVE’s songs and what countries they’re available in on streaming!!
  • thetaco changed the title to [deleted]